Amway

by enigma1863 81 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I was curious, how many JWs end up getting caught up in pyramid scemes like Amway. I was caught up in there online program Quixstar for a little while several years ago. I noticed there are several similarities between Amway and a cult.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Jw's I fell for, but not AMway!!!

• jw07
    jw07

Where I'm from ALLOT of dubs have fallen for and continue to fall for pyramid schemes. From local ones to network marketing scams like Organo Gold, Noni and Amway to Nigerian *business opportunities*. Once they are in they turn on their charisma and spread the 'goodness' of the scheme with the same zeal as the ministry, resulting in a great witness of their level of materialism and gullibility.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I knew several that fell for a vitamin pills racket.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I know quite a few that do ACN, one of my friends tricked me into going to one of their recruiting seminars, and I nearly had a panic attack it felt so cult-like. Even in the sales material, the description of how you make money off the people below you looks like a freaking pyramid! I connected the dots and drew a triangle around it, the lady giving the presentation was not impressed!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I got sucked into amway right after I left the Borg... My wife and I just had our baby and this couple from work would just not let up..

OMG.. It felt exactly like the TRUTH... that leads to eternal riches... so it freaked me out .. as it turns out The couple, they were engaged,

got marrried, then know longer had time force us to meetings and listen to the great tapes...

So I did some research on here, my finding Amway is not a cult .. the groups that are formed from them are.. the upline streams

I worked for a company a couple of years a go where the owner was into a new product called Monavi or something

The product was really good and I wanted it, he didn't care about that... it was the group functions that were the real deal .. oh if I could only express his zeal!!!

I said no thanks at every turn, I finally figured out from every one who had already been there.. avoid him at all cost..LOL

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

My ex-in-laws were always pushing some pyramid scheme on my ex and me.

We started to get into Amway. Then we went to one of their sales rallies, and it was like a tent revival meeting. We were totally creeped out.

Too bad I couldn't see the similarities between Amway and the bOrg.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Lets see if ignorance or knowledge or phobias are speaking...... What is a pyramid scheme? Are you using that statement freely or do you realy know what you are talking about?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

A pyramid scheme works like this:

pyramid

You recruit people to sell the product and you receive part of their profit.

Your recruits recruit more people to sell the product, and they get a part of the profit, part of which goes to you.

Keeps on going as each recruit convinces more people join the network. You get a slice of everyone's profit.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I know a lot of JWs qho fell for Noni Juice, MonaVie and some type of fat burning wonder pill (forget the name). Fortunately I only got sucked into the JWs and not any other business scheme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit