who are your favorite preachers? here a few of mine!

by unstopableravens 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

designs would you like a free home bible study with me and dog?

• designs
    designs

ok

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

great, we do accept voluntary donations,

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

"DD- Thanks I am a trinitarian though: Voltaire.Rousseau.Payne"

Do you mean Pain or Paine?

• Glander
    Glander

2 Timothy 4:3-4

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

• designs
    designs

DD- I did mean Paine, Thomas

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

My mother-inlaw grew up in the shadow of his house in Bordentown. It's just a few miles up the road from me. Did you know only 6 people attended his funeral?

• designs
    designs

DD- I read that, interesting that two Africans were among the six, possibly freed slaves. Interesting also that these great philosphers had to stand against common christian beliefs to advance emancipation and the end of slavery and the civil and human rights for all.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Interesting also that these great philosphers had to stand against common christian beliefs...

I'm not sure what "common christian beliefs" you're refering to, but, without the help of many churchs of different denominations in this area, there wouldn't have been an underground railroad through this area.

Baptist, Methodist, Reformed Presbyterian, Wesleyans, Congregationalist and many others including the Quakers who I'm sure didn't care much for or share the beliefs of Paine, played a very big role in the abolitionist movement in this part of the country. The common belief among Christians around here was certainly against slavery.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

They say his remains were lost because they couldn't find a cemetary that would take him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit