New Here! So many questions! :)

by TeenageInsider 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

welcome! Whatever you are experiencing please know that someone here has gone through something similar and can relate. Please, all I ask is, enjoy your youth and not in the witness way. Go to college, date as much as you can, travel to distant places, read about and experience different cultures. Although this site is fantastic, it can become as addicting and as time consuming as fb. Most importantly do not be afraid

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome, nice to hear your story.

When I was your age I also used to ask a similar HOW question. How come am I in the religion that will survive Armageddon, when God will destroy soon destroy billions, what make me so special?

The big question for you soon will be, How do I leave and not lose everything, and when should I do it? Hopefully this board will help you through that struggle.

• Aware!
    Aware!

You won't be able to stand the cult for a lot longer, so be prepared to get out on your own and be an independent person in life.

I'm 20 and I woke up early July of this year and I can't stand meetings or field service any longer. I have about a year and a half to two years left to finish my degree and get a job. It has been suggested to me that I get a job at a hospital and move out, but I see how my classmates that have a job struggle with the school workload and it makes me nervous. I won't move out until then.

Make sure to make good [positive] 'worldly' friends to help keep your sanity. None of mine understand what I'm going through, and at times they probably think I'm exaggerating (e.g., like my parents not talking to me when I leave the JWs), but at least I can safely talk to them without them ratting me out to elders.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Welcome!

"How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right?"

This was my husband's first doubt. I remember being gullible and thinking, "Woooooooow I'm sooooo lucky." Right.

When I was 17, I had this incredible teacher - the first time I'd ever made friends with a "worldly" person. This teacher was so awesome, so spiritual and bright, I couldn't figure out how it was fair that God said that they woul die along with every other person not a witness.

Unfortunately it took me about 8 more years (several of them in college and even more of them pioneering) to see the light. But I'm 28 now and we're having the time of our lives now that we've left.

The thing that makes it a little different and more -truly- joyful for us than for others is that my whole family (parents / brother) left with me and my husband. Be careful - if you do it right, you might be able to win over your mom and then your happiness at being free will be doubled.

Take care!
    GSD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum TeenageInsider

How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right ?

The best and probably easiest answer to that posed question is that the WTS. is a religious publishing house and

from its very beginning as such, has created doctrines to attract the attention from the public in an endeavor to proliferate

the organization's literature.

If you combine all of this expressive agenda together including pioneering, teaching, studying, conforming people

how members are to look, socially behave, how they are to talk, and who whom they should associate with, its all undermined and controlled

by the WTS. to expand the proliferation of the organization's published works as well to substantiate the perceived power toward these men.

With that thought in mind, research the organization's past history starting with C T Russell and J Rutherford and you'll see an apparent

self supporting intuitive by the head leaders of this publishing house and as well its own inherent corruption in trying to expand

the organization's literature distribution.

" The End Times " being the most prominently used vehicle of commercialization.

JWS are taught to preach the Watchtower Corporation's version of the Gospel, not the bible's version, a big noticeable difference.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome!

"How?"

That was a big one for me, too.

"Why?" is easy. Everyone makes up their own reasons explaining "Why?"

"How?" gets into the whole mechanics of the thing. Details.

And do be careful of the stuff you reveal even here! I felt a twinge of nerves just posting that I shook Sanderson's hand!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Everyone else has already said it in some form, but welcome and so glad that you won't spend your best adult years chasing the WT dream. Many of us did. Me, from age 11 to 43. Been out 12 years now.

And they still say "we are so appreciative"? Sheesh. How about "this is meat from the faithful slave"? Or "we are being refined" and "we are being prepared"? I've probably forgotten the good ones. Someone pitch in please.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome and congrats at being so perceptive at such a young age! I wish I would've been half as smart as you are.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome. Good luck on your adventures. If I could give one piece of advise it would be: Don’t let anyone - parents or close friends - make you feel guilty for asking questions and not following the status quo of the zombified borg. You are lucky finding all this out so young. There are many here on JWN who lost so many years to this cult. I gave 28 years (born in) to them and have been out a little over a year and will never look back. I also was 13 when I was baptized.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Basically, I left b/c of the issue you raise. What God is worthy of worship who demands a child as a sacrifice, rapes, pillages, and plunders other people b/c they are not Israelite, kills his own people for reverting to their customary worship. Others have written concerning their closeness to other JWs. I never had such closeness. I was a racial minority in my KH and not treated well.

I came across a New Testament course in college. We had to read the Bible in consecutive verses, one book at a time. So I had already the gut feeling. As I read for class, however, I came across numerous examples of the WT expressly misconstruing verses to fit their doctrine. Something fundamentally Protestant in me protested.

When I first started posting here, most of the items seemed boring. I did see people mentioned that were mentioned at home. The Witnesses were a lowly, religion for not bright people. Yet many bright and educated people were here. I now see the Witnesses as a dangerous cult. Their doctrine is beside the point. No group should have such overriding control over people. Most churches do not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit