New Here! So many questions! :)

by TeenageInsider 50 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Well done !

Seriously, it took me yeeeears. But you are correct..... muslims will die for their belief, a JW that thinks they are special are actually just dilusional.

• moshe
    moshe
    No group should have such overriding control over people.

Unfortunately, many people want control, so they don't have to worry about making decisions- and making the wrong choice has consequences- Hey!!- Jehovah has an Earthly organization and I get to be rewarded with eternal life on a paradise Earth for acting like an obsequious stooge with my life-

People have turned over their brains to the major media that promises what they want- fallacies of argument are ignored or just not even understood--

It's pretty much a waste of time trying to educate JWs- only a very samll percentage can figure out the mind control, the WT lies and then boldly leave under their own steam-- drool cups come in real handy at the KH when the new light flashes out-

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome!

Congrats on having insight so young.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome teenager you will learn more about the truth here than in any KH

smiddy

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome TeenageInsider, Research as much as you can about the Watchtower and its history, and dangerous cults that is not published by the Watchtower, make as many non-JW friends as possible, and get an advanced education/vocational training. Pretty soon you will start having difficulties talking with your parents, so I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") and visit his website at www.freedomofmind.com . Post often to vent your feelings, be respectful to your parents while you live in their home, and best of wishes growing up. Life will get better for you in a few more years.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome! Good advice all round. My motto is: Study, study, and study some more. Prepare yourself now for secular studies. Not sure what your interests are. Develop your brain. Only then will you survive in the highly competitive world out there. And yes, watch your back. Bright young men are not appreciated by the Watchtower. Their motto is: Listen, obey and be blessed (don't think).

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey there TeenagerInsider: I also had doubts around the age of 17 - I spoke to my mum about stuff and she was like "keep that to yourself Lou" Anyway it was only 13 years later that I got out - when I was 30. I hope it doesn't take you that long ..... thing is, you have your whole family in the faith and are very young to break out and be away from all of that.

All I can suggest you do is read up on the JW history, read Crisis of Conscience. Just educate yourself on them and you'll see how blantent they have been when it comes to changing stuff.

If the opportunity comes to take up tertiary study - do it! Embrace this life - it has so much fun and beauty to offer......my only regret (though I have made peace with it) Is that I didn't get out when I was younger.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, never stop asking questions, prove what you read and see to yourself.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome TI!

How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right?

Judging by the number of failed prophecies for the imminent arrival of Armageddon I'd say they've not got it right.

If you do one thing, please, please, put your life plan together and execute it. Do not listen to the Borg.... Get your education...GO TO COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY.

Every single member of my JW family that were born on or before 1914 are dead. And I only have 1 family member born in the 1920s that is alive.

So every member of my family that was part of the 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die' BS ... HAVE DIED.

Lies = Truth as a JW. This is not a good way to live unless you want to end up mentally ill.

The JW formula ....

Pray More + Wait on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and People Get Hurt/Ill/Dead

.... is destructive and not life affirming.

Hope you can choose your own definition for your life over someone else's definiton of what your life should be.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TeenageInsider: One thing that bothers me the most is how everyone acts and behaves in the ORG. There like zombies, its creepy. They all sit their and nod their heads.

Exactly, once you "wake-up" and become aware, it really is pretty obvious how drone-like everyone is.

For example, how often does anyone during a WT "Study" actually offer an original thought? Rarely, if ever. Almost every comment is either a word-for-word regurgitation of what's written in the paragraph or a paraphrase.

TeenageInsider: When I actually LISTEN to the talk, its always repetitive nonsense, the speakers basically say the same thing over and over, and use the SAME illustrations over and over.

Yes. Although, I don't personlly object to a certain amount of repetition. I'm a musician and love listening to and playing my favorite pieces of music over and over again. But I do object to the fact that so much of WT "Theology" is complete nonsense. Seriously, once you start learning some critical thinking skills and begin really paying attention it quickly becomes really clear that many, probably even the majority of, WT teachings and doctrines are contradictory, inconsistent and frequently even internally incoherent.

It's worthy of ridicule, but no one dares speak out because that will just get them shunned.

Take some time and get your bearings before you decide how to act on your new found knowledge. Many have planned and executed controlled fades and been able to leave the religion and yet maintain family contacts. It's not always possible because many JWs will shun you if you simply quit attending meetings, but it's worth a try.

Ultimately, your personal dignity, emotional health and even your sanity are the most important things!

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit