New Here! So many questions! :)

by TeenageInsider 50 Replies latest jw friends

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Hey everyone! I'm so happy that I finnally joined I just turned 17 and I have so many questions about the org.

I've been lurking around the site for months, and love reading experiences about bethel, and all the hypocricy that the WTBTS spews out.

So I finally joined in and hope to make some great friends.

A little about me:

Im male, 17, and I am a born-in, so this is all I know... I was baptised at age 13 I beleive...

My gramma, and grampa and mom , and sisters and brothers, are all Jw's

i curently attend all the meetings with my mother, and all the CA and DC as well.

But one question that really hits me is "How?"

How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right?

I mean, there are other religions that even pre-date christianity, right?

Well,, sorry to be lengthy, I will post other questions when I have time. Thanks Everyone! :)

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome...

How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right?

that is an us verses them cult mentality... they got very little right... they had to write their own BIBLE for pete sake

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

That's true, nice to meet you Tater! :)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"How are we the ONLY religion in the WORLD that has it right"

Hey TeenageInsider, sit down and brace yourself, wanna tell you something . . . . they DON'T have it right. I'm sure the others who respond to your post will go in to futher detail and break it down for you.

You're about the same age when I started saying to myself that something isn't adding up here, I'm over 50 now, but these two things I'll tell you, when I was growing up my father was an unbeliever and the elder at the time came over one Sunday morning and had a lengthy talk with my Dad, my mom never forget that (my father did eventually get baptized when I was 21) but turn the clock to the time when the Net first came out and I got in touch with that elder, I was so glad to here he walked away in the late 80"s because that whole 607 thing didn't add up.

The Cong I grew up in just had one of the anointed, ran into him a few months ago in the market, he and his wife walked away in the early 80's as well.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Welcome. We got the answers. Sometimes, the answers are multiple or that we don't know.

S

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi TeenageInsider,

What a clever handle. Welcome aboard and keep us posted on your inside activities. You seem wise for your age, far wiser than I was.

As for me I was baptised when I was 16 -- but that was a few years ago -- like 66!!!

I love it when they call cuz it gives me a chance to divulge the fact that I studied with them many years ago. Not a lie -- I simply don't expose the fact that I then became a MS, an elder, developed a bothered conscience that resulted in disfellowshipping.

Their inevitable question -- "Why did you stop studying?" -- is the perfect lead to my introduction to The Great Watchtower Contradiction, an 11 minute read designed for new ones but which poses questions on topics that the most seasoned JW would cringe at.

Contradiction contains a table handout that you can snip for purse or billfold. I always keep my billfold handy.

Len

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome!

When I started attending church, the one thing that jumped out at me is how they recognized people of other denominations equally as Christian, and each church has a rich diversity of thought within them. People are free to express a different thought from their fellow congregant and not only not be shunned or disfellowshipped, but be welcome and accepted.

Unity is not measured by agreement, but how people behave when they don’t.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

welcome ,if you like discussions this is a good place to be!

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Aww thanks everyone! I will let all you know what the latest gossip from the Governing body and letters and etc., as I attened all the meetings. This religion is so funny, and the 'brothers and sisters' all sit their like zombies:

they use words like: "I appriciated this point...." or "I appriciated that..."

and Im like : "did you really appriciate that? or were you just trying to squeeze an answer in so you dont feel guilty for not commenting."

anyways Im so excited to finally join JW.NET and hope to make good friends and have some questions answered! :) thanks

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Welcome Teenage! Glad to have you here, I wish you could meet my son, so he could have a buddy, he sounds like you! Get yourself to the library and get some books on critical thinking, it will help teach you how to think, how to examine things and question things. My son has really benefited from his critical thinking course, and often brings up discrepancies that appear in the WTBTS publications, much to his father's annoyance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit