Are JW'S "hated" in all the world? Or...are they considered IRRELEVANT?

by Terry 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Growing up (not in the WT), all I think I knew about JWs is that they went door-to-door two-by-two promoting their religion with a magazine called the Watchtower.

That's it.

No other details.

Didn't know about the blood issue, holidays, or birthdays.

Didn't even know they professed to be Christians or used the Bible.

Looking back, that ignorance on my part made me that much more vulnerable to their sales presentation.

• Think About It
    Think About It

After all the years of brainwashing us about how only JW's are carrying out the "urgent life saving work" proclaiming God's Kingdom, it really is an eye opener to see just how irrelevant JW's are in modern society. People don't have a clue about what JW's believe that could be enough info to base an eternal decision on. After all the WTS is responsible for the image that people have of the JW's being a kooky cult. If the WTS believed their own bullshit they would have taken the lead in using mass media to spread their Kingdom message and keep the image more christian than cult.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

From being in from the 70's until about 2007/2008, I'd say that:

1) Most of the world does not even know Jehovah's Witnesses exist and

2) Most non-witnesses who do know of them think they are just weird.

I hate to burst the bubble of the Watch Tower Society, but Jehovah's Witnesses are just a footnote in the history of man.

People who fit under the header of "Hated by the whole world" are:

1) People who hurt children or others who are unable to defend themselves

2) Nazis

Jehovah's Witnesses already define the word "hate" through teaching one must hate the world and everything in it. To them and everyone else "hate" does not describe how people view Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Are you guys kidding? Of course everyone hates JWs! Why, the world revolves around them, doesn't it? They're a spectacle to the nations, in fulfillment of Bible prohecy!

/sarcasm

Most of the time JWs are mentioned in the media, it's a joke in a comedy show about them being at someone's door. Never is there a mention of what they actually teach or preach at the door, as the writers of the jokes have no clue.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Irrelevant. This thread madde me think about how many times you would hear from the podium at kh's and assemblies, tho, how employers simply LOVED having jw's as employees due to all their fine qualities (which lying, cheating, thieving worldly people didn't possess). Sometimes they would even go so far as to say someone had been hired over someone else based solely on the fact that they were a jw. So which is it, hated or loved?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well they have done a good job convincing dubs that they are relevant. However the only time they are "hated", is when they create an impoosible scenario with secular authorities simply for the purpose of creating an issue. Other than that they aren't even on the radar.

Dubs walking up uninvited to a door and vomiting out a ridiculous presentation and getting a rejection is confused with hatred. "Oh they hate the message". Really? How about misquoting facts? Or presenting a magazine about the mighty snapping turtle from Africa. Or female circumcision.

Try asking a dub how often they hear of their religion on the news. Other than the blood issue, not much. Not even the pedo cases really hit the wires.

That statement about them being hated in every nation is just a big fat lie, just like everything else they print.

• bigmac
    bigmac

all this "world hatred of witnesses" is simply hype from the watchtower bunch to maintain the persecution complex the die-hard dubs need to thrive on.

in the UK most of the public dont even know the correct way to say "jehovah's witness"---usually leaving the 's off.

incidentally--what does "jehovah's witness REALLY mean?---that the person is witness to the fact that the word "jehovah" is a man-made attempt to pronounce a word from ancient hebrew ?---that no-one knows how to pronounce!!

i would have thought an almighty god would have made more of an effort in getting his real name widely known.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Irrelevant..

It`s gonna be a Good Day!

I Just Know.. Jehoba`s Whatnesses??..

I`ll get Persecuted!.. Is that like Herpes?..

.......................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Probably more irrelevant. They are laughed at but not hated.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

irrelevant to most except for those who have family or friends involved in it. then it becomes all consuming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit