Are JW'S "hated" in all the world? Or...are they considered IRRELEVANT?

by Terry 86 Replies latest jw friends

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i had no clue about the real jw religion. i thought it was basically standard christian with some small differemces that i never really thought about. this past year my h who was raised dub but inactive for a decade started going again. i started studying, recently became an unbaptised publisher. during my quiz with the elders, they said something that didnt sot well with me. they said they count all members, even inactive disfellowshipped, etc. as members unless they formally write a resignation letter.

so how many dubs are there, really?

i started digging amd didnt like what i found.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

woah what? they count inactive and disfellowshipped people?

are they trying to fudge the numbers so people will think they're more important than they actually are?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hello, Heythere!! Get your hubby to JWfacts.com asap!! This 100 year since 1914 is messing with JW minds. Run away!!

Here is a really sad story. A brother in my KH was inactive for years. Sadly he got cancer. He lived, but the experience pushe him back to the ORG. He was on fire! Seriously, he was what a dub should be. He was always in service, his comments were from the heart, he always helped when he could. He was really sincere, not just going through the motions.

Well, he had a drinking problem. What happened to him after almost dying of cancer, finding GOD, and doing his best? He went to the Elders. What help or counselling did he receive? He was DF'd. He looks horrible now. His hair is gray, his skin looks terrible. He sits insilence at the KH. So loving...

DD

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Saw a social media post where a 30-something jw proclaimed that all the "persecution" she suffered had stressed and aged her prematurely (quotes mine). They have been indoctrinated with such a martyr complex that they sadly believe this claptrap.

People in the world aren't interested and think they're a bit odd.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

yep they are fudging the numbers. they slipped up when they told me and i dont think they even realize they made the slip they made. or think i didnt catch it. but yes, anyone whoever attended for any period of time is apparently counted. whether they stopped going 15 years ago is irrelivant. even if they were children who stopped going even as teemsthey are counted according to what was said.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cultBgone - "They have been indoctrinated with such a martyr complex that they sadly believe this claptrap. People in the world aren't interested and think they're a bit odd."

I remember a JWN post from a while back comparing Rutherford to Fred Phelps of the WBC, in that his goal was to make mainstream Xtians hate him (by being obnoxious), thus "fulfilling" Bible prophecy. I thought it was a very appropriate comparison.

Violence and prejudice are persecution.

Rridicule, apathy, and harsh language? Ehh... not so much.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Hated… no. Irrelevant… you betcha. +Butt of many jokes.

Duvan- woah what? they count inactive and disfellowshipped people? are they trying to fudge the numbers so people will think they're more important than they actually are

Duvan- An elder told me the same thing over the phone. It was several months after leaving. I told him I no longer believe. I don’t want to be considered a JW. I then said, “what do you want from me? Do you want me to write a letter or something?” He said “that is up to you. You will still be considered a Jehovah’s Witness on the books.” He actually said “on the books”. He told me it would be up to me. I told him I would think about it. I later decided I wouldn’t play by their rules.

So yes, I am not surprised if Mrs. Dazed, myself and the 2 little ones are still some how counted among their ranks… “on the books”. Gotta love the cult mentality.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Something I've always wondered; when Rutherford (et al) were released from prison, they claim that it was a cause for trembling.

Did the various religious leaders even notice? It is my personal opinion that they were such a small and insignificant sect that they didn't even rate an acknowledgement from the major religions.

Just self-aggrandizing.

• blondie
    blondie

Hated? Most have no thoughts or notice about jws. A jw worked in the same department I did. She told me she was being persecuted. That was hard to believe because I worked at one point with the same people and they were nice. But this sister didn't realize that people at the KH "hated" her because she was selfish, a gossip, screamed at other jws, etc. Some jws blame being a jw for their treatment when they are just an asshole in general.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Hear hear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit