Which of the 5 weekly meetings did you hate the most?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

what Jehovah thinks about anal sex

but----what would he think--isnt he a spirit?

do spirits have arse-holes?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yep, I hated Thursday meetings.

Loz x

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I hated the ministry school and the watchtower study and refused to participate in either, much to the chagrin of my mother.

• whathappened
    whathappened

When we used to have the book study on a separate evening, that was such a bust. A perfectly awful waste of a weeknight. Get all dressed up and have to go sit for an hour while the brother milked 15 paragraphs or so. Sometimes almost no one showed up and there we were, having to answer almost every question. It sucked bigtime.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The Bookstudy seemed to go either way: either you had a great time (fun host family, laid back publishers) or it could be downright hellish (host family is at a stick-up-the-butt elder's house, full of whack-jobs).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

both the book study and Thursday meeting, intrusive boring, hassle making them after stressful days in work, being a Dub must be a piece of cake compared to the hours of 5 separate meetings.

• blondie
    blondie

The public talk (I lived back in the 60 minute kind) You never knew what nonsense was coming except for certain brothers whose talks were always nonsense.

Knowing what was coming up in the other meetings gave me the opportunity to choose to stay home.

I actually liked the book study (old form) which lasted 60 minutes, many times was in a home, and had treat day every month. We had ours at 7 pm which mean we would miss fewer tv shows that night (pre-VCR).

I just went through a series of meetings at work to learn how to work more efficiently. Four days, 4.5 hours each and a weekly meeting of an hour for the next 52 weeks. Good thing I have been conditioned to meetings.

• whathappened
    whathappened

We had a sister whose Watchtower lesson was all highlighted with different color markers, her margins were all written into and she actually had multiple yellow post it notes stuck on the pages with additional info. She was a hoot. The elders were afraid of her.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

tootired2care proof that meetings are bad for your health. It is good to be free!

You can say that again!!!! I have been Free of alot of things...Free of boredom, free of shame, free of pain, free of jerks, I could go on and on!!!

...as much as I miss my family sometime...I cannot even fathom spending 1 second in a KH to be with them.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Blondie....The public talk (I lived back in the 60 minute kind) ... I actually liked the book study (old form) which lasted 60 minutes

I have not been to a meeting in over 10 years...so the meetings are shortened now? and how many do they have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit