I can't imagine not believing in God.

by MsGrowingGirl20 643 Replies latest members private

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This is a little OT, but sitting on the back deck, drinking an IPA and smoking a pipe with some black cavendish when it's nice and chilly outside so you have to bundle up is pretty awesome.

• still thinking
    still thinking

wow, the word 'evidence' used three times in one sentence, your claim...must be true...still thinking

This has nothing to do with anything, Still....tec

Yeah, it does. It's the ONLY evidence you have.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    ooops double post...
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Tradtion isn't evidence.

There is no evidence that Socrates existed then? because all we have of him is the tradition handed down by Plato and the other guy whos name escapes me now.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    This is a little OT, but sitting on the back deck, drinking an IPA and smoking a pipe with some black cavendish when it's nice and chilly outside so you have to bundle up is pretty awesome.

I'M sorry, drinking an IPA ?

• cofty
    cofty

All the bible is 100% human work.

Agreed - So why bother doing mental gymnastics to avoid its contradictions and errors?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There is no evidence that Socrates existed then? because all we have of him is the tradition handed down by Plato and the other guy whos name escapes me now

You guys love to run to Socrates to validate the Bible. The problem to which you refer has a name, it's the Socratic Problem. It's well known and admitted. Are you now willing to admit you have a Gospel Problem?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

IPA... .India Pale Ale. A beer invented by the british specifically designed to handle the trip from Britain to india and still be tasty. Very hoppy, very delicious.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You guys love to run to Socrates to validate the Bible. The problem to which you refer has a name, it's the Socratic Problem. It's well known and admitted. Are you now willing to admit you have a Gospel Problem?

I am not using Socrates to validate anything other than IF traditon is a valid form of evidence.

You need to remember that I am NOT a bible inerrantist.

I have no issues in admiting that the bible has errors or contridictions or issues that can't be easliy explained.

I do NOT view the bible as inerrant.

It is the work of Man and as such is imperfect like man.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    IPA... .India Pale Ale. A beer invented by the british specifically designed to handle the trip from Britain to india and still be tasty. Very hoppy, very delicious.

Nice, yes I have that beer before.

I am stuck at work :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit