I can't imagine not believing in God.

by MsGrowingGirl20 643 Replies latest members private

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

still thinking - Yeah, well, that's what I get for being shouted at by a pig of a Muslim fundy weirdo!

God hates me!

....but it's only imaginary hate.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is quite possibel to have a life without God, people do it everyday.

I think that for a believer that believes he/she has entered into a personal relationship with God, to "imagine" not believing in God is, well, very difficult to do.

I think that we can imagine what it would be like to be "cut off" from God and it is an horrific thought for those that believe and have a personal realtionship wioth God.

I think it may be necessary to quantify "personal realtionship" though.

When we enter into that realtionship with God ( however way it happens), we FEEL Him, we FEEL Him in a way that is as concrete and real as any other feeling we have that we CAN touch and taste and smell and hear and so forth. IT is a very REAL expereince which leads beleivers to sue words like "KNOW" and "PROOF" and the like.

For a person that never felt that expereince, those feelings, it can be incomprehensible and even dilusional and looking from the outside in, Yes I can see that very clearly, how that could apprear that way.

But is it?

For someone that has entered into a personal realtionship with God, that relationship is as real as any he/she has ever had, in some ways even more so.

So, for a person in that situation, yes it is very hard to imagine NOT believing in God.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

IT is a very REAL expereince which leads beleivers to sue words like "KNOW" and "PROOF" and the like.

Here's the modern (to me) issue with this. Scientist can re-create those exact sames feelings with a small electrial charge to the right part of the brain.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Here's the modern (to me) issue with this. Scientist can re-create those exact sames feelings with a small electrial charge to the right part of the brain.

I doubt it BUT even if that was the case, that electrical charges to the brain make the person feel the same way, WHAT is doing it NOW?

• cantleave
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hope there is no double entendre there cantleave...

LOL !

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I doubt it BUT even if that was the case, that electrical charges to the brain make the person feel the same way, WHAT is doing it NOW?

Chemicals and electrical signals in the brain.

• bigmac
    bigmac

of course there are gods-- i see lots every day---ive had a few myself. i had to take them for walks. i fed them on god food.

sometimes my spelling lets me down.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Chemicals and electrical signals in the brain.

Caused by what?

If we can cause the same feelings VIA external stimuli, what is cuasing it when there is no external stimuli?

And what type of external stimuli would we need to make a person feel love, devotion and a desire to please something that is intangiable to them?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Derren Brown, managed to get a die hard atheist to have a religious experience through suggestion.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-the-specials/episode-guide/series-14/episode-4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit