Have you ACTUALLY seen any Bible prophecies fulfilled in your life/lifetime?

by punkofnice 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• a watcher
    a watcher

Tater, the scriptures AGuest mentioned was probably the most recent MAJOR prophecy that was fulfilled, although I would narrow it down to Rev 13:14, where it speaks of the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. According to JW's, it refers to the League of Nations being reborn as the United Nations.

• cofty
    cofty
    I would narrow it down to Rev 13:14, where it speaks of the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.

I would narrow it down to an over-active imagination.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

it refers to the League of Nations being reborn as the United Nations.

how do you know that... you think you know ... but you really don't know.. and you never will

• Tater-T
  • BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

HELL NO

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Christ Alone:

So the theorists take 360 years, multiply it by 7 and then use the modern solar calendar. The result is 2,484 years. Adding from 536BCE, this takes you to 1948.

sir82:

What significant thing happened in 536 BCE? Why use that as a starting point?

Well... nothing significant happened then. To arrive at 536, you take the pre-determined 1948, take away the magic number 2484, and ignore the fact that there was no year 0.

Particularly in the 19th century, there was a flurry of interest among end-times groups in coming up with creative new ways to contort 'biblical numerology' to come up with various near-future dates to keep people interested (usually along with donations) in their respective brands of drivel.

• tec
    tec

Well... there is at least one that everyone here has seen come true:

"For many will come in my name, claiming 'I am the Christ', and will decieve many."

Many of us just didn't pay it any heed so as not to be deceived. (some of us were born-in, so harder to see clearly, I know)

Peace to you,

tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tec, of course that was written long after the time it reports on, and people were already claiming to be the Christ. Not really prophetic.

It would be like me writing the story of Michael Jackson now and then saying how sales of his albums would change after his death.

• tec
    tec

OTWO, it might have been written down afterward... but that does not mean it was not said before, so as to inspire what was later written down.

Certainly it was written long before all the many claims today, including the ones who state this in a more subtle way, proclaiming themselves the Christ without stating so in so many words... such as with the wts.

"There is no where else to go."

"You must come to us to be saved."

"We are and/or have the Truth"

All of these things are spoken of CHRIST... but they use them to speak of themselves. GB also sets themselves up as the mediator between man and God. When Christ is the mediator between man and God.

Peace,

tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Still got 'em on, eh?

Michael Jackson said "Wait until you see a movie about me and the sales of my records immediately after my death. You will be amazed."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit