Have you ACTUALLY seen any Bible prophecies fulfilled in your life/lifetime?

by punkofnice 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blowed if I have!

I know the JDubs think that there are prophetic signs all around. Well they bloody would!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sixty two years ago I was a three year old child in the garden standing every morning with my hand out waiting for birds to settle. That would have proved the New World had come, it was coming soon.

Still waiting. As for other prophecies? Not a one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The rise of Las Vegas, the modern Babylon.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I was not alive for this, but many believe that Israel becoming a state in 1948 was a fulfillment of prophecy. This is said to have been a fulfillment of Amos 9:14,15 which says: I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

This is also said to be a fulfillment of Ez 37:10-14 which says: So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

In Ezekiel 37:21-22 , the prophet said that God would one day bring the people of Israel back to Israel, as a united nation. This might have been a shock for Ezekiel. It says: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms."

Jeremiah 16:14,15 says that the second Israel would be more impressive that the first Israel. The first time that Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the descendants of Jacob out of Egypt, where they had been enslaved for 400 years. They then conquered Canaan and established Israel about 3400 years ago. But the second time that Israel was established was after the Jews had been scattered far and wide for a few thousand years. This time the Jews had to return from as far away as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa.

There are also various time prophecies that claim that one can see 1948 prophesied in Ezekiel 4:3-6 which say that the Jews were to be punished for 430 years. The theory then goes that because most of the exiles chose to stay in Babylon rather than return to the Holy land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. Basically this is found in Leviticus where it says that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7.

So the theorists take 360 years, multiply it by 7 and then use the modern solar calendar. The result is 2,484 years. Adding from 536BCE, this takes you to 1948.

I think this is pretty shaky stuff, myself. But it's one theory of how Bible prophecy was fulfilled in recent times.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does the new GB/FDS doctrine count?! I think many are roving about and the true knowledge is becoming abundant. I think the truth is setting me free. I really, really think that false prophets are becomig evident with the passage of time. As far as I am concerned NOTHING from Revelation has taken place yet except for perhaps Satan being cast to earth. Learning that the WTBTS has a 100% failure rate for prophesying is an eye-opener.. The one prophecy that is difficult to disprove is about Christ's invisible return...

• cofty
    cofty

Christ Alone - I have heard those restoration "prophesies" used that way as well. A lot of books have been sold on that topic.

If you look at the texts in detail it is necessary to cherry-pick verses that can be twisted to suit and lots of other verses have to be ignored.

The really serious point is that there are right-wing politicians and at least 1 ex-POTUS who think it worthy of their attention.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

The one prophecy that is difficult to disprove is about Christ's invisible return...

It's not that difficult. Well...maybe to a hardcore JW.

When did he return? We can prove that 1914 is an erroneous date. So if He didn't return then, WHEN did he return? It all falls apart. Besides the fact that the Bible SPECIFICALLY says that His return will not be invisible, and that every eye will see Him...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

Won't we have to wait forever to know if that prophecy comes true?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The rise of Las Vegas, the modern Babylon.

How is Vegas a modern Babylon?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Won't we have to wait forever to know if that prophecy comes true?

Forever. Or until Jesus' comes. The prophecy (or at least the interpretation of it from some) is that they would come back to their own land from many other nations. The statement that they would no longer be uprooted is the assurance afterward. However, if they DID get uprooted and Palestine took over, then there would be a lot of confused Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit