Is it ethical to confess extramarital sex to your spouse

by Most Noble 67 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" There is something very comforting in having a companion you can trust."

Yes, it is comforting. Despite all that we've been through trust is the one thing that has held true. My hubby is a very outgoing person. He has tons more friends than I and quite a few of them are women. I was thinking about this a few moments ago and if my hubby had an affair I don't think I would be that quick to kick him to the curb. For him to carry on something that sercretive would mean something is seriously wrong and my focus would be to find out why and hopefully repair it by counseling. We just celebrated 20 years of marriage and even though he's sick the man still tries to chase me around the house and believes I'm the sexiest thing on the planet. No, I wouldn't just throw that away.

" Mrs. Jones, are you wondering if our OP is " Begging the Question "?

Jgnat, your intelligence never eases to amaze me.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember though that the WTS felt this way, Outlaw.

*** w72 1/1 p. 32 Questions From Readers ***

While both homosexuality and bestiality are disgusting perversions, in the case of neither one is the marriage tie broken. It is broken only by acts that make an individual “one flesh” with a person of the opposite sex other than his or her legal marriage mate.

• caliber
    caliber

Many people that hate Bible quotes seem to like is non- Biblical quote....

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"

There is usually only one thing that could happen in Vegas that you would not want to talk about when you went back to your home town

When one angry wife was asked about what this expression means she said ..

"Vegas is the home of stupid decisions

I guess when you go there even your conscience gets a holiday "

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That above reminds me if something that happened one time when my hubby went to Vegas.

Hubby sometimes goes to Vegas to attend the Magic show (it's a twice yearly fashion convention) for a friend to buy merchandise for the friend's clothing store. A few aquintences know of this and asked to tag along for the aftershow parties. Hubby said find as long as you pay for the hotel room. Hubby said one night after they came back from the show these guys met a few women in the lobby and invited them up to the room. The guys tried to make hubby feel like a nerd for not hooking up with one of the women but hubby told thm he wasn't interested, he was going to call his wife and then take a nap which he promptly did. I remember getting the phone call. Hubby secured his belongings under his feet and took a nap. The others guys hooked up with the chicks and was robbed of cell phones, watches, and cash while each was busy with the women. Afterwards they tried to blame my hubby for not watching their stuff. Hubby told them it was not his job and they were the fools for trying to look like big shots and bringing strange women up to the room.

What happens in Vegas...yeah.

• Skbj
    Skbj

First of all I think those % are low. only 44% is that a global or national %? For what age group?

Second, I think is falls down to what one can handle with his/her conscience more than if it's ethical. It's a bit like abortion, there's people who do it and who's concience is okay with the reasons that lead them to the action so move on like nothing ever happened, never think about it and others who can't move on and start have all sorts of thoughts bothering their conscience.

I would look at it if this is something that happened once or more and what lead to it, i.e. is the couple going through issues, or is the cheating partner displaying constant tendencies that could lead to cheating? For example: I am so not a flirty person, I'll turn my swag on only if I'm interested in the person but by nature I've never been flirty, however my husband is. That he realizes it or not I'm not sure, after all the years I know him I think it's more a case that he seeks too much approval from those around him, only that with other females that often translates in him using a vocabulary that I consider too personal or flirtatious. I lost count of times when we had this conversation, which makes my blood boil, but I also try to control myself because I know I come from the complete opposite of not caring for others' approval nor being flirtatious, so I ask myself if I overreact and I try to be not too paranoid. Also I understand that men antropologically feel more the need to know they still "got it" and often flirting is nothing more than a self ego boost, but there have been instances of female work colleagues that have misinterpreted his friendliness/caring attitude for more so in that case the bitch in me had to step in to remind them who I am.

Now, I trust him, and unless I am the one to give him a hall pass, should he ever cheat and I find out he knows I will skin his tool and throw salt on it, and if you knew me best believe I see my words through, but if it had to be a one time off, I wouldn't wanna know. That would just hurt me and do more damage than else.

If it had to be an affair, I probably would want to know, because in my books, an affair of any length indicates there's problems in the couple that aren't so superficial and then as couple we would have to make a decision if we are to fix those issues or call it quits.

And when I said one off I mean ONE, not one off with a different person, but someone who has 30 different people, lol!

I'd do the same if was me the one who cheated. If it's a one off, probably I would not tell, if was an affair then I'd probably be emotionally involved with someone else and I would then take measures to tell my spouse.

• bigmac
    bigmac

thou shallt not miss a slice off a cut loaf

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

Skbj - You are right, It is easier to forgive a quickie and a one night stand, because the flesh is weak and desperate. But an affair is highly intolerable.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I told my wife about my affair with NewChapter and Tec(Tammy), I am waiting for the brothers to excommunicate me.

PS MrsJones is hottie, I best stay my distance from her!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

In a animalistic world you have no reason to confess anything to your wife, just get laid as many times as you desire without catching any diseases.

The sociopath or psychopath need not confess anything either, unless they know they can manipulate their spouse in the method of the "game".

The moral person with a conscience, they try to do the right think by informing their spouse of a "one-time accident"? or "I need more and you don't have what I need."

• finally awake
    finally awake

I would recommend that if my husband were to cheat on me, he'd better make damn sure I *never* found out. I would make him regret ever being born if he were still alive, and I'd dig him up and kill him again if he were already dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit