Is it ethical to confess extramarital sex to your spouse

by Most Noble 67 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I'm talking about another assumption. Read slowly.

and to answer the question, it would be ethical to confess to an extramarital affair to the spouse. After one has lost their mind, disregarded their vow, totally disrespected their spouse, yeah it's the right thing to man up and let your spouse know the low thing you've done so they can decide whether to stay with your arse or justly leave you high and dry,

• Satanus
    Satanus

Birds do it. Female sparrows carefully listen to the songs of their mates. They compare them to the songs of the other guy sparrows. If it's not up to snuff, she'll sneak off to get it on w a better singer. Sneak back and lay the other guys progeny. All are happy, and evolution progresses.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

mrsjones, confession might fail the ethical principle, "do no harm". Of course, the least harmful option is not to cheat in the first place.

• minimus
    minimus

MrsJ...you should be known as the Riddler. Just say the point, willya? (You finally answered the question, thank God).

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

It seems like the secret would be a heavy burden to carry, always there. Either the cheater carries the weight of it alone, or shares it with the spouse. Either way, it doesn't just go away. I've seen both marriage eventually ending and not, with confession. There could be no way of knowing what the reaction of the other person will be to the confession (some will even try to 'get even' by cheating themselves).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree jgnat, it should never have been done in the first place. But the harm is done already. Now, is not confessing really to protect the cocklolded spouse or the straying spouse?

Nah Mini Dot, today I'm of the mind of stringing you along for however long I can. It's been fun.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

That why i am taking singing lessons. You gotta cover all your basis

• minimus
    minimus

I know of couples who simply don't talk about their extramarital romps. Don't tell, don't ask policy is what they have used over the years.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like a mutual agreement. The premise is not.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I know of couples who simply don't talk about their extramarital romps. Don't tell, don't ask policy is what they have used over the years.

Then I have to ask, how close and intimate are they to each other?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit