Is it ethical to confess extramarital sex to your spouse

by Most Noble 67 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

@finally awake: Could you do the "Elaine Bobbit"?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

To young JWs:

Elaine Bobitt according to Wiki:

"

Incident

During the night of June 23, 1993, John Wayne Bobbitt arrived at the couple's apartment in Manassas, Virginia, allegedly intoxicated after a night of partying. According to testimony given by Lorena Bobbitt in a 1994 court hearing, he then raped her. (In 1994 he was tried for and acquitted of spousal rape, prosecuted by the same district attorney who prosecuted Lorena for attacking her husband.) Afterwards, Lorena Bobbitt got out of bed and went to the kitchen for a drink of water. Grabbing the knife, Lorena Bobbitt entered the bedroom where John was sleeping and proceeded to cut off nearly half of his penis. [1]

After assaulting her husband, Lorena left the apartment with the severed penis, drove a short while, then rolled down the car window and threw the penis into a field. Realizing the severity of the incident, she stopped and called 911. After an exhaustive search, the penis was located, packed in ice, and taken to the hospital where John Bobbitt was being treated.

The penis was reattached by Doctors James T. Sehn and David Berman during a nine-and-a-half-hour operation. [2]

• finally awake
    finally awake

@finally awake: Could you do the "Elaine Bobbit"?

I would make Mrs. Bobbit look like a generous and forgiving woman.

• Skbj
    Skbj

@ArbolesdeArabia do a "Bobbit" is too fast and easy. Drop him in a bath full of candiru is better. See I like being creative

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The OP is a troll.

Have a look at the threads started by this poster.

Please don't post anything personal that will give this poster his jollies.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Thank's "Broken" let's not feed the Troll!

Sisters, they deserve what you wrote if they cheated on you!

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

I completely agree with those who say that if it was a moment of weakness, WHAT is the point of confessing to spouse? What good would this accomplish? It will only make the mate feel bad - for a very long time. And, yes, if it was unprotected, then the ethical thing is to get tested for an STD. The other ethical thing is to not do it again (unless you have a mutual agreement that the other is ok with it).

I know that if my mate had a sexual fling, I would prefer not to know. It would just bring up insecurities when really we're all human and these things can happen - and they do happen.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The real question should be - If honesty is the best policy - is it also the best strategy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit