Is it ethical to confess extramarital sex to your spouse

by Most Noble 67 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you must confess, unstopable, do it with full empathy and kindness, understanding the impact it will have on your wife. Ask what you can do to make it right. I suspect her first request would be to leave her alone to think it out for a while.

This goes with "I'm leaving the Witnesses" too.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yeah ur right jgnat: accept im not sorry about leaving the wt ,but i feel for her, i hate to see her in pain.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It's ethical - if you believe in suicide.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

cofty: Why would somebody confess to god? Wouldn't he know already?

That's right, but for some reason God likes to hear you humiliate yourself. It does something for him ...

• unstopableravens
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" WHat do you think is it ethical to confess an extramarital affair?"

what would be unethical about confessing?

• minimus
    minimus

I know of persons who confessed and all hell broke loose. I know of someone that has cheated on her husband and she never told him and she and he are a happy family at this point in time.

I think it's unethical to do it in the first place but sadly it happens and creates pain for all.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

If you are man or woman enough to have extra maritial affair then you should be willing to accept the consequences. One night stands don't only have the possibility of death and disease they also can create children. Confession is really hard but not confessing can be much harder.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There's something about this question that doesn't sit right with me. It assumes something. It reminds me of something my mother once said to be. She asked if it was hard to have friends who do drugs. I've never told her that I have friends that do drugs (I don't) and she assumed that since I'm out in the world I must being hanging around with people who do drugs because all worldies do drugs. This question feels the same.

• minimus
    minimus

what does it "assume"?

Is it honesty to confess extramarital sex to your spouse doesn't assume anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit