Interesting Jesus cults

by Christ Alone 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I understand not believing in Jesus. I understanding rejecting his teachings and even rejecting that he was a historical person. But I find the near hatred of Jesus pretty interesting. It doesn't offend me. But there seems to be a lot of emotion behind some of the posters. I've been reading mp's (and a few others) comments on a few different threads about Jesus, and the hatred is curious. Why hate something that you don't believe exists? Why not hate actions instead of people? And if you don't believe that person is real, why hate the non existent person? It just makes me think if there is more to the story behind some of these posters, and why they hate God and Jesus. If you say, "I hate the idea of God and Jesus because of what people do in His name", then I understand. But why not hate the action instead of the person?

As was brought out, Jesus was not a "racist pig". I think the confusion comes from many that have left the JWs and really do not understand the Bible at all. They don't understand the idea behind the covenant with Israel. They don't understand that Jesus did not only preach to the Jews (remember the Samaritan woman). He came to deliver His message to the Jew FIRST, since they were God's people. Even before Jesus, all nations could worship and serve God. They just were not under God's specific covenant with Israel.

But many people like mp do not understand the gospel, the bible as a whole, or spiritual matters. And that is ok. This lack of understanding shows that they haven't investigated it. MP asks me to sit down with a Rabbi because all the rules and regulations that the Jews followed are from the Torah. Well, I have talked with MANY Jews. And I know this just isn't the case. The Talmud goes beyond the Torah, in its rules and regulations.

Anyhow, this post doesn't need any response. The bitterness towards a non existant person (at least as far as they are concerned) is interesting. It's like me hating Santa Clause and calling him an disgustingly obese freak, and being full of anger towards him.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

christ alone: you are touching on something i have mentioned many times. please look at john 3:18-21 the light is jesus ,do you notice why ppl hate the light?in verse 20!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...It's like me hating Santa Clause and calling him an disgustingly obese freak, and being full of anger towards him. " CA, page #3

Well, the dude could stand to lay off of the Christmas cookies...

santa and cookies

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i love cookies and milk!and cake

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Whenever someone took a position contrary to his, Jones would take the extraordinary step of critisizning the person publicly, of accusing the person of going against God. To support his contention, he would say The Lord told him this or that, or it was revealed to him by Holy Spirit."

Well that's just----------------interesting.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It is isn't it New Chapter?

But I find the near hatred of Jesus pretty interesting. It doesn't offend me... CA

Why do some christians/belivers say stuff like this? People don't hate what they don't believe in. Thats just silly. And anyway, why should it offend YOU?

But hating cults...thats another story. I think attributing 'hatred' to a person that feels passionate about something is wrong.

I might quote Aguest here, because I agree with her.

Aguest Quote: Even if strong words are used, we have to just consider them the result of passion, zeal, fervor... and not hate.

• tec
    tec

LOL... you are too funny sometimes ST. Too funny.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL tec...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well, the dude could stand to lay off of the Christmas cookies... ...zid

LMAO

• sizemik
    sizemik

Dont go around making false statements attributing goodness and other good qualities to Jesus. . . . (your accusation)

Firstly . . . point out where I've attributed good qualities to Jesus. . . . (my question)

SIZE: 1) He openy invited followers . . . "Come be MY follower" mP: He only invited jews . . . (your answer)

FAIL.

To twist it to be some future prophecy that has yet to come true is totally dishonest because thats not what the text says. . . . (your accusation)

It's obvious you had no idea which of the many statements using this figure of speech I was referring to. So you latch on to Rev as a strawman to attack, and avoid the initial issue. Another FAIL.

Maybe your phone has a cracked screen? You either don't read my posts thoroughly, or you are an idiot.

Either way you answer both mine and CA's question about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit