Interesting Jesus cults

by Christ Alone 205 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

CA - thank you for sharing that video. It was a great topic that has become somewhat derailed (although I've enjoyed many aspects of the subsequent debate from the perspective of an atheist agnostic who actually knows a heck of a lot about the Bible and the Book of Mormon and a few other religious books)

Just wanted to comment on Miller, the former JW now turned Jesus. Somewhere there was a comment about disagreeing with "Jesus" being the same as disagreeing with god. That's a JW core teaching that the GB applies to itself. Interesting that Jim Jones also used it. It's a powerful weapon, really.

The cult is interesting, although I disagree with the prediction that it will become incredibly dangerous. Society has become obsessed with trying to identify dangerous behaviour in advance of a tragedy happening. It's an impossible exercise, IMO.

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP...why are you refusing to be saved by the Jesus followers? You hard harted, sinful, broken person. They KNOW what you need.

After they have saved you, I'm sure there are some other gods that would like their followers to save you too....

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

still thinking: funny what are doing to help anyone hear have salvation? ohh wait you dont have anything to offer on that subject,so your stuck picking on my efforts to talk to someone.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ST has salvation from blindness of the pre-science world.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: ohh why didnt i think of that? lets see where that gets you guys 80 years from now? how come theres never ana theist in a sinking ship?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

how come theres never ana theist in a sinking ship?

Huh? I am sure there have been atheists on a sinking ship. In fact, I have been on a boat that sank. Rather than get on my knees and start praying, I started swimming.

lets see where that gets you guys 80 years from now?

Same place you will be, dead, but hopefully having lived long with quality healthcare thanks to science.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: i glad you adapted good lungs for swimming from your reptile ansesters, and im sorry that your cool with no hope of life after death.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

i glad you adapted good lungs for swimming from your reptile ansesters, and im sorry that your cool with no hope of life after death.

Having hope in no way translates into reality. Where does this hope you have come from? Dead people coming back to tell? No? Angels preaching about how awesome not being dead after you are dead is? No? Ghosts? Vampires? The spirits of unborn children?

And I am glad you have lungs evolved over millions of years! Otherwise you wouldn't be here to chat with me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

still thinking: funny what are doing to help anyone hear have salvation? ohh wait you dont have anything to offer on that subject,so your stuck picking on my efforts to talk to someone.

I am not doing anything to help people be 'saved'....there is nothing to save people from? Enjoy your life, and help others when you can...that's all you get.

It is in fact YOU that have nothing to offer...except fantasies.. But that won't stop you trying to 'save' people...LOL

YOU cannot give anyone eternal life...no matter how hard you wish it were true. We live...then we die. All your preaching is just self importance disguised as love...go give a real gift of life. Feed some poor people...cause your god certainly isn't helping them....and I suspect they need more help than EP.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

you right about one thing still thinking: i cant save anyone i did not save myself. ep i think thats the niceist(sp) thing you ever said to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit