Stronger Christian presence on JWN?

by Christ Alone 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

wannabefree, as a believer to a believer I want to say to be careful of believing what you want to believe. You need to prove it to yourself and be open to what truth or untruth reveals. I don't mean for this to be a personal jab. Just a friendly reminder that if something is true, then there is nothing to hide. Get deeply into research and investigate why Paul said what he did and WHY. WAS he being overly rules oriented? Or was he speaking against a specific action that happened in a particular church?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, Data Dog, all these questions are understandable, and i understand people who feel like that. People who call themselves Christians don't have the answers. I certainly don't. All I know is, I do trust in God, and I do believe that he will make all things right.

I can't prove it. As to different people's behaviour, yes, not one of us is perfect. Not one.

• caliber
    caliber

wannabefree ..

You layed out your thoughts with honesty and no pretense .....good for you !

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

...and I want to echo caliber, wannabefree. Your honesty is refreshing.

I bet some atheists here would feel differently if everyone who claimed to be a Christian really acted like one.

I totally agree, Data Dog. I posted an article on another thread that is a very interesting read. The article begins with the project of Thomas Jefferson to cut out all parts of the gospel that he didn't agree with. Basically he ended up with nothing about the divinity of Christ, or really any doctrine. What he ended up with was how to live as a Christian. It lead to his realization that Christians are not living the way Christ lived.

Here's the article from newsweek. It's 4 pages, but it's a fascinating read:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/01/andrew-sullivan-christianity-in-crisis.html

I'd like to hear what you think.

• whathappened
    whathappened

When I first joined 2 years ago, I still believed in Jehovah God, I still believed that Jehovah's Witnesses had a lot of truth in the religion.

I now have come to think of them as a self appointed mouthpiece for a god that does not exist. You see how helpful this site is? I love it!!!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

rickisteel "I used to think i was agnostic , then theist but never atheist i would need more faith than a believer."

I used to be certain that I was indecisive but now I'm not so sure!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I've personally found it to be spiritually helpful to follow the recommendations here to pray before logging into the board

Rub a Dub

• tec
    tec

It would be interesting to have a exJW muslim on this board.

We used to have one. Peacable poster. Maybe just a bit too outnumbered?

Peace,

tammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so glad we can agree to disagree....Anghard said it as it should be .
    We are so blessed to have this site....If it wasnt for Anghard & Simon
    So many would be lost.( But of course as I am a believer in Christ,I think HE directed them to start the site)
    Yes I know they dont believe as I do.But I love them SO MUCH!!!!! Anghard,Simon

I had a call from a Peter this afternoon...He reads the site but never posts... HI PETER!!!!
    So we have to remember as long as we can disguss our views IN LOVE!!!! we are still being kind!!!!

Yes I am still Granny Mouthy Grace .....LOL I still pray everynight for ALL of you on here

• Borges
    Borges

For me this forum is great and I prefer this one to the german ones I know (even it is a lot harder to express myself in a foreign language). They are either very atheistic (what is, even I'm considering myself as an atheist too, a bit boring). Or most of the members are still christians, who don't like to debate and just want to be nice to one another with all these "good morning" and "good night" and "I love you all" and virtual hugging stuff - which is although very boring.

I love to read the posts and comments of believers who are not just willing, but although able to explain and defend there point of view. Always looking for an argument that shakes my conviction that there is no god. Haven't read any up till now, but I'll keep looking for it.

For this - to come back to the OP - it's fine if there are joining more believers this forum. I'm reading here now for a bit more than a year and I think although that there is a slight increase of believers lately. I'm looking forward to learn about their view of all the topics that are discussed on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit