Stronger Christian presence on JWN?

by Christ Alone 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I've only been a member here for a short time, but it seems like there are more Christians on the board lately. For the first few months that I was on JWN, it appeared that there were very few that argued in favor of a Creator and belief in the Bible in particular. There seems to be several more that have recently joined...or at least posted more regularly regarding belief.

Has anyone else noticed this?

For the agnostics and atheists on the board, do you appreciate the stronger presence here so that multiple sides of each issue are discussed? Or do you wish that believers would go find a different forum to post on?

• cofty
    cofty

I think its vital that different views are presented and debated on the forum.

I would especially like to hear more from Christians who have a solid understanding of their beliefs and are able to engage in apologetics on a various topics. Their valuable input tends to get drowned out by those who get their religion direct from god via voices and visions.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

True, but I've noticed an increase in those that aren't "hearing voices". I know there was a thread that was started a while ago by NC (i think) that related to this. I think it was largely discussed while I was either out of town or away from computer access for a while, so I didn't get to contribute much to it. And if I remember right, I think THAT thread turned into a discussion with those that defended hearing the actual literal voice of God in their heads.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ive noticed it a little bit. probably because this is a hot bed of non believers. it gives jesus freaks a chance to try out their recruiting and fairy tale reasoning skills annonymosly. which is how i wish i could have done it. i have no problems with that.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Christ Alone Having both Christians and Atheists on the board works well. Without an equal balance of opposing opinions and challenges to our views people run the risk of becoming members of a self congratulation club.

To the death! Though for Christians death is the beginning not the end, which is an incredible feat by any standard and very confusing.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that the more we discuss things the more we understand each other and that is never a bad thing.

It is also important to realize that understanding doesn't = agreement or condoning, it just means we understand each other.

I hope that with understanding also comes learning. I know that I learn a lot from my discussions with atheists like Cofty, they challenge me and make me a better Christian because they force me to understand AND express my faith better and even to accept that I do NOT have the answer to all the questions and may never.

I do always try to express my faith in an orthodox manner and, I try my best to distinguish what orthodox doctrines says and what is MY opinion only.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

fakesmile, I haven't really seen any sort of recruiting here. I've seen people talk about their beliefs and defend why they believe a certain way. Just as there are others that talk about their non belief and why they don't believe a certain way. I've seen very little in the way of someone saying, "If you don't accept this, then you will be destroyed" or anything like that.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've noticed it too CA.. particularly since you joined the board as you are very good at debating clearly and logically (even if not everyone agrees with you).

I like it that there are differing belief systems.. at least it never gets stale or boring! I must admit though that I do like it that there seem to be a few more christians around not afraid to share their thoughts!

Just so long as everyone can play nicely... LOL

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Thanks, Torn! Many times I don't feel like I do a good job in clearly stating what and why I believe. I'm definitely a work in progress. I hope I always am...

And I've learned alot from some of the non believers on this site as well! So the love goes everywhere!

• tornapart
    tornapart

What I like about you CA is that you're not afraid to get stuck in... unlike me! LOL

I've found some debates really interesting to read even though I haven't given much (if anything) to it.

To be honest.. even Cofty's little gem yesterday was brilliant... who would have guessed it!! hahah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit