more abuse in today's watchtower study

by solomon 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Any organization that won't acknowledge the most effective means of addressing mental health problems (secular, professional counseling) will only, by definition, exacerbate the problem within its own membership.

I view this as just another means of attempting to winnowing out the "lukewarm" to (consciously or otherwise) pare down the size of the R&F to a more manageable size; marginilize those mentally health problems, make them feel compelled to leave (one way or another), and they won't have to deal with it.

Problem is, the prescence of the mentally unstable quite possibly permeates the heirarchy all the way up.

• sir82
    sir82
    I believe the WT is actually referring to the non-clinical depression in this article.

Well, maybe, but they certainly do not explicitly say so, do they?

A reasonable, caring organization would define the distinction and outline when medical or psychological treatment might be appropriate.

But instead, we get a blanket term "depression" and a one-size-fits-all cure: Get off yer duff and get to the Kingdom Hall.

The infuriating thing, for me, anyway, is that they do know the difference and yet choose to write the way they do anyway, knowing that the flock will accept their words as golden drippings from honeyed lips and think to themselves "The only way to feel better is to attend meetings, pray, and study. If I don't feel better yet, it must be that I'm not attending enough meetings, praying hard enough or studying hard enough".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Brother giving the WT Summary at the CA I recently attended said that " you may still be depressed and the truth is not a cure, but you will gain some relief from service to God" So he did not paint the picture that NOT following the WTBTS prescribed works was the cause of depression. I do agree that the confusing way in which it is presented could make people feel that way for sure. For years the WTBTS claimed that all anointed one's were the FDS, but we KNOW that most rank and file believed that title went only to the GB because that is how it was twisted. So while not saying from the stage that it was your fault for having depression, a depressed person who went to the Elders would be encouraged to pray more, do more, give more!!

I agree 100% with A Guest about shareing in the plauges of Babylon the Great. I do not personally believe that YHWH will destroy billions, or the dubs. Only truly evil ones. Still you reap what you sow. If you are inexperienced you will suffer the penalty of not being shrewd. So while I don't think the rank and file are evil, just decieved, they will share in the plagues in some way. It is unavoidable. I suffered for 2 days because of having to sit through the CA. The only reason I made it without running out screaming was because I prayed the whole time for protection. You may think that is silly but that is what I believe. Just wait for next weeks article! Sheep, do what we say even if we are wrong. Do not try to get justice or we will consider you as one causing divisions. Guess what the penalty for that is.......

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Any organization that won't acknowledge the most effective means of addressing mental health problems (secular, professional counseling) will only, by definition, exacerbate the problem within its own membership.

But then, that's the purpose, isn't it, dear Vidiot (peace to you!)? If the membership becomes fully health mentally... there goes the membership. Unfortunately, like all oppressive campaigns (for instance, Rehoboam's tyrannical rule over Israel; U.S. slavery, Nazism, Khmer Rouge type dictatorships, etc.), this one too was short-sighted: first, you convince the people that you know best for them. Then you rule over them with a heavy hand. After awhile, they become mentally "ill". Then... they become angry. Then... rebellion... culminating in war.

Sadly, just as with the issue of pedophilia, it might take similar tragedy... great mental oppression leading to mental "illness", leading to overreaching problems that manifest themselves in ugly, terrible ways that the leaders/hired men/wolves can't handle (and, hence, even MORE "snatching and scattering")... before the membership of the WTBTS to WAKE UP... rather than continue drugging themselves... with propaganda, anti-depressants, and alcohol to "cope" with the "pain"... and rebel. True, some are already calling for revolut... mmm... "reform", but not enough.

Unfortunately, as with any war, there will be many casualties - too many. In many different ways.

Too bad... too bad...

War is coming to her. One way or another. And so folks would really want to get out of her... and quicklike... or risk becoming of those casualties.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The infuriating thing, for me, anyway, is that they do know the difference and yet choose to write the way they do anyway

So true Sir82......stupid mofo's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit