more abuse in today's watchtower study

by solomon 64 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

Today's study picks on the most vulnerable among us. The mentally ill.

The Watchtower apparently hasn't learned that depression and mental illness are that a medical condition. No different than cancer, heart disease. A very debilitating medical condition.

The cure for mental illness according to today's Watchtower. Pray more, don't miss meetings, and go in service more. This will cure your disease.

This will be a very hard study for those suffer among us. The message that is presented is this. If you are suffering from a mental illness it is your fault.

• tiki
    tiki

so wrong....these are chemical imbalances in the brain for which no one is responsible...it is the same as any other organic illness. no body wants to be depressed, bipolar, schizophrenic, dysfunctional....and no one brings it on themselves. environment can exacerbate symptoms for sure, and these problems can be genetic - and all the prayer in the world won't change your chemical makeup....but some drugs can do wonders to offset the problem(s). if you really want to send a person with true depression (not just feeling down or sad) into a spiral-down tell him/her to "buck up" or "you dwell on yourself too much" or some such idiotic advice. it doesn't work like that.....

• solomon
    solomon

They are good at blaming the victim. Just like Job's false comforters.

• ziddina
    ziddina

What solomon said...

Especially in cases of rape, and failed "end-time" predictions like "1975"...

• solomon
    solomon

Two things I get from this article.

1. They are admiting that mental illness is a huge problem in the org.

2. They are saying if you have a mental condition it is your fault. The problem is not with us. You are not following our direction therefore you are depressed.

My question to the Watchtower is: if a person has another illness say cancer or arthritis is praying more and preaching more going to cure your disease?

• DubR
    DubR

Watchtower "if you are retarded PRAY MORE YOU DUMMY!!!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ makes many claims about mental illness..

If you are suffering from a mental illness it is your fault.

Many claiming to be anointed are suffering from a mental illness..

Apostates are mentally diseased..

Evidently

The WBT$ produces Crazy People..

................................. mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The cure for mental illness according to today's Watchtower. Pray more, don't miss meetings, and go in service more. This will cure your disease.

Same old ignorant crap they said 30 years ago.

The WTS. doesn't acknowledge or accept that people who suffer from these kind on mental problems need more that prayer to overcome

their condition. Many times there is a needed change in their social and activity environment for these people, with the addition of some kind

temporary medication.

The ironic thing is, this organization creates people with mental problems of various conditions.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Hey WT. It's called illness for a reason.

For heavens sake dont go to Dr., I mean Brother Watchtarded if you are ill!

• clarity
    clarity

Evidently

The WBT$ produces Crazy People..

No truer words were ever spoken .... er written!!

>

At a very insecure time in my life, depression hit me like a ton of bricks!

I went to one of the "ANNOINTED" for some encouraging words.

What I got was ............> "depressed are you? well well well....

you must be guilty about something, .... if you're not guilty you wont

be depressed"............. ...... wtf

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit