Believers, do you believe in evolution?

by everchangingworld 159 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    For those that believe in evolution and a god, may I ask, at what point in human evolution did humans acquire a soul? Did Lucy (australopithecus) have one? This is our ancestor---did she have a soul? Were our ancestors souless? Lucy really was just an ape. Did humans evolve from souless creatures?

Define soul.

I mean, there are different understandings of soul, some that tend to confuse or blend it with spirit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Psac Why don't YOU define soul? I mean, there are different understandings of soul, some that tend to confuse and blend it w spirit.

S

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, I dodn't bring up soul or spirit, that I why I asked NC to define her understanding of soul.

In its simplest form and in most practical terms, a soul is a living being.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm 100% meat as well, but would require a substantial amount of butter, shallots, and red wine to be at all palatable.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I worry about you guys being 100% meat, WTF is holding you guys up and keeping you from being nothing more than hamburger ??

Bones, gentlemen, BONES !!

• perfect1
    perfect1

I never understood why people are so anthropocentric and stingy with souls.

Why cant everyone have one.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Bible states that all living creatures have a soul, so.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay. So there is nobody on this board that believes the traditional view that humans have a soul, something separate from themselves, but that resides within them, and lives on after death?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Okay. So there is nobody on this board that believes the traditional view that humans have a soul, something separate from themselves, but that resides within them, and lives on after death?

Sure, but Ithink it isn't as easy as that.

Typically a Christian beleives that there is life after death in Heaven AND life after life after death in the resurrection ( though it may not be expresse din the way I said it). What survives death is the soul and/or spirit because Christian tend to, well, "fuse" the two even though in scripture that is not ALWAYS done ( but is done sometimes).

In short, we believe in life after death and after that, a resurrection of the body for a life after that life in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit