Just a quick update

by MsGrowingGirl20 34 Replies latest jw friends

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I have been inactice now for about 4 months. I keep getting visit from elders and well meaning Ministerial Servants. I went back to two meetings about two weeks ago. I felt that while people on the outside were nice and had higher morals than i thought they did; they still paled in comparison to Witnesses. I went back and...i still can't stay there forever. Everything feels so fake, controlled and stifled. And the MS still can't explain Deut. 20:18-20.

I was invited to family worship at the home of this brother recently since i am now considered a 'weak' sister. I love them very much but....Again everything felt so fake. It wAS SO FORMAL LIKE A MEETING. They opened like a meeting then one person would take the lead while everyone listened and raised their hands if they wanted to add. They were discussing a topic in one of the FDS books that had no application to no one there. It just felt so....rehearsed. And so borring. Anyway i think i'm going back next week.

I ...dont....know...what is my next move. One minute i just want to be out and the next...i want to be safe in.

Otherwise, i'm really enjoying school and i love being myself and not being judged for it. I scored good/excellent in this semester's profects/quizzes and presentation. Fina exams are in two weeks. I plan to kill those also.

BTW...I have been reading this forum for about a year now. Thank you all for your kind words and help.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"To thine ownself be true."

Good luck

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" One minute i just want to be out and the next...i want to be safe in."

I used to feel that way about living at home with my parents. Even though it was continuous disrespect and putdowns living with them it felt safe because I was all I knew, it was my normal.

You yourself is trying to tell you something. Be still and listen.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I know how difficult it is to leave the Organization. Yes Most are lovely folks
    ,My daughter, granddaughters ,Grandson is still in it,& mustnt talk to me.
    And I love them so much.The reason is because I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914

But cant you see where this is NOT love!!!! Jesus ( the only way truth life) said
    we must love one another even our enemies.I was a JW for 25 yrs ,I made 10
    people jehovahs Witnesses..For which I am terribly sorry now. It is a cult.
    Because if we follow the orders of MEN!( there are 12 or 14 in Brooklyn Bethel
    I am not sure now)We are NOT following GOD!!!!
    But if you still want to attend ,then do, but remember they teach you are not allowed to
    Think independently..... But keep on with your school studies. The more you use your brain
    that GOD gave you the more truth we learn.That truth the WT teaches is a LIE!!!!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

" One minute i just want to be out and the next...i want to be safe in."

For the love of God.....please do some research on cults. That is the way cults are designed to make you feel. They create a bubble of imaginary safety for you

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ms Growing girl, my biggest regret is staying in for as long as I did. Please just lead your life your way, walk away from anything or anyone that wants to control you.

Have fun!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I felt that while people on the outside were nice and had higher morals than i thought they did; they still paled in comparison to Witnesses."

I guess I'm unclear on what your basis of comparison is. For me, the "niceness" and "high morals" of many of the individual JWs that I've known for decades is eclipsed by the overall hypocracy and judgmentalism of their religion. Are they really "nice" and "moral" when they eagerly look forward to, and build their dreams for the future on the slaughter of billions of innocent people that never even heard of the bunch of old farts in Brooklyn that call themselves the anointed of Christ?

"I ...dont....know...what is my next move."

It looks like their efforts to lovebomb you are being successful in blinding you to the reasons you decided to become inactive. Personally, when I went away to university, I've gone back to visit family, but I've never set foot in the KH. I know my reaction would be the same as yours: fake, controlled and stifled. I don't have time or patience for that.

• cult classic
    cult classic

In what ways do the non JWs you know pale in comparison to the witnesses?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Might I suggest you visit an alternative, say, a bible study group on campus? This should satisfy your need to hang with a moral group, without the stuffiness.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Ms Growing Girl,

The key thing that you wrote there was "I want to be safe in." It immediately reminded me of an elderly sister I know (and love dearly) who used to say to me when I expressed my growing doubts to her how glad she was to be "safe under Jehovah's umbrella."

What makes you think you would be unsafe outside the organisation? What makes you think that God (in whom both you and I believe) does not want you to think for yourself?

What, in all that Jesus, God's Son, told his disciples in the New Testament, makes you feel that the truth lies only within the Watchtower, living in total obedience to a group of men in the USA? What makes you fell that it would be unsafe to read the Bible for yourself, in a translation other than that provided by the Watchtower (for that is what they teach.)

This organisation is a cult. You are not a "weak sister". You are an intelligent person in your own right, possessing God-given freedom to live and think for yourself. No organisation that seeks to keep its members in subservience, and demands strict obedience, calling itself, manipulatively, "the Truth" but lying to its members over what the Bible is teaching and about so very much more (which you know from all the information on this site) has anything in reality to do with God.

A final thought: the God of the Old Testament is shown in some cases as a vengeful, angry God seeking to punish and exacting retribution if people don't do certain things, but Jesus Christ showed mankind that this is not the way God works. He taught us of his Father in Heaven who is loving and kind, who cares for each of us, just as he does for the sparrow that falls from the sky. He showed us a God of Love.

The Watchtower is truly not telling the truth or treating its members kindly or justly. I am worried about you, Ms Growing Girl. I wonder what happened to make you go back. You are far safer out of it than in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit