Just a quick update

by MsGrowingGirl20 34 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

I like the analogy that clarity made, very good. For me the hurt and pain being associated with JWs was so great i knew i had to go

• flipper
    flipper

MS GROWING GIRL- Listen to your feelings and intuition about how " canned " and fake these home meetings are. What you are seeing are pre-programmed robots who USED to be authentic human beings but are suffering from the disease called mind control. It is just like the movie the " Stepford Wives " where these women were programmed to do this or that- it was fake. That is why it's so alarming to you, because it's all rigged to appear " righteous " but in reality, it's not. It's fake. Please use your college trained critical thinking ability and don't put yourself or your mind in an environment at meetings where WT Society representatives can manipulate or control it. Or turn your brain into mush. Keep your freedom of mind- only way to do that is to NOT go back to meetings. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• 00DAD
    00DAD
    MsGrowingGirl20: WOW! When i read your comments....i feel so hyped up too just get out from there....man...when will this indecisiveness go away

Indecisiveness will leave you when you know what you really want.

I see LeavingWT recommended you read one of Steven Hassan's books. I'd recommend the second one, Releasing the Bonds.

When you read it, you'll learn that the feelings of confusion and indecision you are experiencing are a result of very carefully cultivated phobias instilled in you by the mental manipulation of the WTBTS.

BTW, the subtitle of Hassan's book is intriguing:

Empowering People to Think for Themselves

Best wishes,

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MsGrowingGirl20: i'm asking myself--Maybe he/she is a jw? But no they're not. They're just genuinely nice.

Yeah, isn't it wonderful! "Worldly People" are actually nice. How can that be? It's just another example of WT lies and conditioning.

Another thought on your indecisiveness, remember when you're a Kool-aid drinking JW you are taught to let the WT make all your decisions, at least all the important ones:

• Who you can and can't be friends with
    • Who you can and can't marry
    • Where you can and can't work
    • How much education you can and can't have
    • What books you can and can't read
    • What movies and tv shows you can and can't watch
    • What music you can and can't listen to
    • What kinds of clothes you can and can't wear
    • How much make-up you can and can't wear
    • How much recreation you should and shouldn't have
    • How much alcohol you can and can't drink
    • What you should and shouldn't do on vacation

Look there's a reason the Society's latest DVD for kiddies is NOT called, "Learn to Think Critically and Be Blessed!"

No, it's "Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!"

You have been systematically trained to NOT think for yourself.

Now you have to unlearn that.

It's scary at first. I like'd what wha happened said about doing things and waiting for a bomb to go off. Every time it doesn't just further proves how wrong the WT is.

00DAD

• I quit!
    I quit!

Hi MsGrowingGirl. Not much I can add. Some great advise here. Maybe a little recap. Keep putting your education first. You won't regret that latter in life when you can get the good jobs. Plan you your escape wisely. You don't have to rush it but don't fall in to the enless cycle of pretending you believe it to avoid conflict. You can wind up wasting the rest of your life playing that game. Also realize (as others have said) the feelings of guilt and wanting to go back are all part of the this cults brainwashing. It runs deep and take time to get rid of. Check out the Cult mind control books mentioned here. It is easy to see the Watchtowers methods in them.

Best of luck. You are doing just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit