Young Followers of Christ?

by AGuest 78 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Could be. But then, that was several thousand years ago... and incest wasn't necessarily frowned upon in that area. The Law Covenant hadn't been written yet, so perhaps these girls didn't have the law on their hearts. Perhaps they were as depraved as the others in the city, perhaps they received their outlook from living IN that city...AGuest

And PERHAPS...you are just guessing.

And tec would appear to agree with me that we shouldnt be trying to change the meaning of what was written, otherwise we can make up whatever shit we like, Yes?

If you're going to change the meaning of what was written...tec

• tec
    tec

That, Still, is called quote mining, lol.

And Band... no she did not.

But that won't stop many of y'all from adopting that into your perspective and throwing that false representation around.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

What? You don't think that saying perhaps this and perhaps that is putting YOUR OWN MEANING into what is written?

Then PERHAPS gOD LIKES pedophiles...since he was oK with him sleeping with his daughters and still calling him righteous....how does that work for you tec? Or do you think that adding what you think it might mean is changing the meaning of scriptures?

• tec
    tec

If you're going to change the meaning of what was written, you can't really call someone else to account for thinking they're doing the same thing, can you?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Can a virgin be a skank? What is the definition of skank, anyway? And why would it matter? Why mention it? Does it change anything? Or, perhaps, it just dehumanizes some women, so that the full force of the horror is blocked.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Apparently some virgins can be SKANKS...well.....PERHAPS. But we're not changing anything. They may have not had the law in their hearts, even though they were virgins, they May have been depraved like others in the city. But who really knows what gods idea of depraved really is since apparently he was still righteous even though he had sex with his SKANKY daughters.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    THIS is your defense? That people do worse?

Ummm... I didn't do anything, so I have nothing to defend, dear NC (again, peace to you!). It wasn't a defense. It was a "You only have sketchy details, so you don't know the particulars, and perhaps there were other circumstances, for instance..."

Sodom SKANKS? So it’s fine to offer up what you call a SKANK for rape?

You assume it was rape... versus the daughters being willing. NOWHERE does it say they said they wouldn't participate. Now, for a man to do that today, offer up his daughters to a crowd of angry men... well, where I live wouldn't happen with out some neighborly intervention. Well, I hope not. But you're trying to hold a man/father who lived and was in a situation close to 6,000 years ago to the standard YOU believe in today. Really? We are just now, in the WESTERN world, doing anything about pedophilia. In the WESTERN world. It is STILL acceptable and prevalent in many NON-western cultures. And you're trying to hold God accountable for the decision of man. I can't even begin to say how much the "intelligence" of that is lacking.

Well that’s rather disgusting of you. She deserved it. She was a SKANK. Oh---how we pick and choose.

Oh my god... who said they DESERVED it?? I said maybe they WANTED to do it, since they obviously had NO problem "doing it" with their own father. Nevermind, because you're gonna read all into and between the lines on that one. I know what I posted and others can see it... so state what you will.

The bible says they were virgins, but the great Aguest determines that they were SKANKS, and therefore, their rape is no biggie.

Rape is without consent. You don't KNOW if there was/would have been consent. You don't know Lot OR his daughters. Maybe raping men was considered WORSE than raping women. At the rate things were going, someone was gonna get raped... and given the crowd's attitude because Lot wouldn't hand the men over... worse was gonna happen to HIM! Since they were in HIS house, Lot was responsible for his guests. But if you think he and his wife and two daughters could stop that crowd... well, okay. And skanks aren't limited to women who've had sex. If you don't think getting your father drunk and then sleeping with him... after your sister has slept with him isn't skanky... well, maybe we just come from different sides of the street.

Your assumption that is it okay to rape a woman because she is what you have decided is a SKANK is more ridiculous

and (disgusting) than anything I could ever think to say.

Oh come on down off your western "high horse." Again, you assume rape... and you also disregard the time and culture, and the danger to the ENTIRE household, possibly including not only rape... but death. To them all. Barbarians will kill you... after they've raped you.

What a horrible value system, but right in line with your god!

What value system? I am be realistic as to the time and circumstances. YOU are trying to pretend that Lot lived in the suburbs and his daughters little princesses that attended the local parochial school and were betrothed to neighborhood high school jocks who come from "good" families... and never went to first base, let alone further... and he was going to hand them over, with absolutely NO thought or feeling about it because he was a unfit father (probably tried to play a little tickle and slep with them himself, with Mommy standing by not doing a doggone thing)... all because God told him to. You disregard (1) there was a frenzied crowd that wanted to rape his guests, and (2) threatened to do worse to him if he didn't turn his guests over, and (3) that he was probably devastated that the situation even existed and that he had even brought his family there and ignored all the signs that said he should have BEEN left.

You ignore the time and culture... and you ignore that the crowd wanted to rape men... rather than take women (not that that's any better)... and do even worse to Lot if he didn't let them... but can see only GOD took action against that crowd. No, it would have been okay for the crowd to brutalize Lot's guests... and those poor dear folks did NOT deserve what happened to them... LOT deserved to die because he thought to do what he could to protect his guests. Not the BEST decision, perhaps, but he tried. But God was the bad-guy here, not the crowd.

Okay...

As to what they did afterward---yeah---sounds f**ked up that two virgins would have sex with their ‘poor defenseless father’ who was too drunk to realize, but not too drunk to perform. Yeah right.

Ummmm... so you think a man can't be raped, eh? Or too drunk to be cognizant of whom he's sleeping with? While I think MOST men here would say that THEY would never be in such a position, I am sure there are one or two who would tell you that a man can indeed be SO drunk that he doesn't realize what he's doing... or with... and so be raped... even by his own daughters.

He raised them. Obviously he screwed them up big time.

Oh, no, they were virgins, remember? Betrothed to some pretty good guys. Sounds like a GREAT father, to me! Wait... maybe mommy screwed 'em up. I mean, we already know she couldn't keep HER focus.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well...that last post was just FULL or MAYBEEEES.

Guess it just goes to prove we can ALL make shit up.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    she was making a point about critical thinking

OMG... THANK you, dear tec! THANK you... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I am starting to think that some's understanding of critical thinking is the same as other's understanding of the Pax Romana in first century Judea!

Girrrrlll!! LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit