Young Followers of Christ?

by AGuest 78 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

What was that earlier... about a circus... and who starts them again?

That won't be seen anymore than any of you can stop posting on Shelby's threads. If you could stop, then you wouldn't keep writing about how you should all stop. Again, and again, and again.

Lol.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Especially considering that this thread was started as a courtesy to Band, so as not to derail her own thread when it turned here. That too, won't be seen.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Tec, it's hard not to rubberneck when a trainwreck happens.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Regarding Noah: Let's remember the crowds of children, babies, pregnant women, teenagers, animals and men that were mercilessly drowned. If you are a young person, don't mistake this for a story of love and salvation. See it for what it is. A celebration of mass genocide.

You assume mercilessly. Given that my Lord went and preached to the spirits of these... and so all had a SECOND chance to put faith in him... I'd say mercy was served.

Regarding Lot's Daughters: Remember that the Righteous man Lot offered his daughters to a sex crazed crowd of men to 'do with as they pleased.' Imagine your father doing that.

Please... men do worse than that today, as do some women. Sometimes other men aren't even involved. Sometimes it's mom's boyfriend... and/or his friends. Don't try to make Lot out any worse than other men. No one's saying that what Lot offerred was right. It's just an account of what took place. And given what his daughters later did... sleeping with their own father... your obvious assumption that they were, well, pure as the driven snow seems ridiculous. Lot's daughters were saved because of Lot... not because of themselves. For all you know, they could have been Sodom skanks. If they were willing to get their father drunk and then sleep with him... EACH of them (not one or the other - ewwwwww!)... I don't suspect they were any kind of "princesses."

But they were saved while all the children in S&G were slaughtered.

Yep, much like folks like you and I sitting pretty... while men slaughter children in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Darfur, Rwanda, the Sudan, Libya, Egypt, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, etc., etc., etc. Now JAH had a reason, both as to the Flood... and as to Sodom. What is the reason for these particular slaughters?

Not a story of love and salvation if you're one of those children.

Au contare. Not for those who perished, perhaps. But certainly for Lot and his household. And that was fair. Remember, JAH promised not to bring destruction if FIVE decent people could be found in those cities. Unfortunately Lot, his wife, and two daughters... number 4. One too few.

But they watched their mother's life snuffed out, and something tells me that this righteous man was a pretty screwed up father, because his daughters responded to losing their home, friends, history and mother by getting him drunk and having sex with him.

Well, I can't argue with you, there. I mean, Lot certainly could have had some issues - Abraham had to go rescue him, etc. How is Lot being screwed up God's fault, though?

Well, it does sound messed up, but they really never had a chance. This was the father that offered them up to be raped by a crowd of men, so their views on sex were probably pretty screwed up

Could be. But then, that was several thousand years ago... and incest wasn't necessarily frowned upon in that area. The Law Covenant hadn't been written yet, so perhaps these girls didn't have the law on their hearts. Perhaps they were as depraved as the others in the city, perhaps they received their outlook from living IN that city. But here we are, several thousand years later... and... what? Man still engaging in incest. Indeed, in some cultures, incest and pedophilia are not only acceptable... but the norm. YOU think it's wrong. I think it's wrong. Not everyone thinks it's wrong, though. Men of 30 years are marrying girls between the ages of 8 and 11 in Yemen...

Regarding Rahab, the prostitute: Yep, she hung a cord, and her household was saved.

OMG, a REAL whore... and not just an "attention" one! What the HECK was God thinking... saving someone like HER! Surely she didn't DESERVE to be saved, much less have her faith "cover" for her household, too! What kind of God would save a whore and the household of a whore??!

They must have felt kind of bad about that as they listened the blood curdling screams of the children being slaughtered right outside their door.

Well, of COURSE they did.

I don't suppose the children that were spared were ever the same after that. I have to wonder if they remembered it as a message of love and salvation.

Wouldn't you/your children? Let's say you live in city state built on another man's land while that man's family was abroad. That man's descendants return to take possession of his land... but your rulers say, uh-uh, nope, we be here now. So the descendant's send out spies in order to see how to take the city ('cause that's the only way they're gonna get it back - ain't no "court" back then). You've heard of the prowess of these descendants... and you KNOW your fellow citizens are going down... and so, to preserve YOUR family... you help the descendants. Now, true, you're probably a traitor to your own people, but you look at your choices - as a live traitor... or a dead patriot - and think about your household.

What choice would YOU make? And how do YOU think your children will remember it? Thankful that they were spared? Or PO'd that you didn't tell those spies to get someplace and leave you and your family alone 'cause ya'll are loyal patriots and will go down with the town rather than help some wanna be conquerers, even though you've heard they're all that... but you ain't scared of them and don't think they're all that...?

So while you are young and your full life and options are laid out before you, ask some critical questions.

I ABSOLUTELY agree! Like what kinds of girls might Lot's daughters have been if their father was willing to let his guests sleep with them... and they later got him drunk and slept with HIM? Me? I would think, well, they most probably weren't virgins... certainly not inhibited sexually, so probably not shy/coy... were citizens of Sodom where apparently EVERYONE was pretty depraved... save one man... their father, a "righteous" man (but nothing is said about THEM being so - rather, HIS righteousness was imputed to them)...

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily concluded that they were untouched, pristeen, sweet, and innocent virgins. And I think assuming so is... well, an assumption and an erroneous one at that.

You are young, so there are many things you may not know. Before you settle, check it all out.

YES! I absolutely agree! Check it ALL out... then YOU choose.

Sometimes just changing your point-of-view will shed a lot of light on any story.

Yep! Just like above...

And before you distress too much about those children that were destoyed, consider that none of it ever even happened.

YES, consider that, as well as if it DID happened... and the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, was connected to it... there was a good and valid reason... and if you ask the right One, you can know it.

See? Where's the conflict? I see none.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

So, dear tec (peace to you, luv!)... cannot suggest that children use critical thinking... but dear NC (peace to you, as well!) can suggest they "ask critical questions"? Yowsa...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
  • still thinking
    still thinking

My dad used to be able to swallow a ball whole. My uncle could take out his eyeball and stuff it in his mouth. I would see it rolling around inside his cheek. My mom could take her finger off and put it back on. ..new chapter

LOL...what an interesting and talented family.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That won't be seen anymore than any of you can stop posting on Shelby's threads. If you could stop, then you wouldn't keep writing about how you should all stop. Again, and again, and again...tec

Well...I guess its the same as Aguest constantly leaving and saying she's leaving again and again, and coming back. Yes?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You assume mercilessly. Given that my Lord went and preached to the spirits of these... and so all had a SECOND chance to put faith in him... I'd say mercy was served.

I assume that there is no context in which drowing all children on earth, from sweet little baby up to aggravating teen can ever be understood as merciful. I find it pathological that people can see it any other way. Do you suppose that Noah and the chosen few could hear the babies screaming in terror useless cries for help? Do you suppose they could see as newborns were ripped from mother's arms in waves of water? Do you think they would have said, "How merciful! What a loving god!"

I'm sure you would, but others are reading. So they can think about it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm guessing it was only Noah and the other special ones that could hear this lord...unless things have changed and everyone could hear back then.

Those babies didn't listen...on their heads be it...it's their own fault...he gave them plenty of warning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit