Blood Transfusions - Truly a "Sin"?

by AGuest 57 Replies latest watchtower medical

• tec
    tec

In any case, there are those who need to see it in Christ. Because only in Him, are they truly 'set free'. Doubts gone; hesitation gone; fear gone. Intellectually, as well as, spiritually.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Tell away...but that's not how reality works....we don't have to be told what to believe or not, or what you think we wish. So don't be sorry, because you are WRONG, I wish no such thing. But maybe you wish I did, yes?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The only thing I have to add, is something someone posted somewhere else. (too many somes, lol)

Can you abstain from (noun)?

• car
    • train
    • house
    • piano
    • donkey
    • cereal
    • etc.

The prohibition in Acts has an implicit verb, for in what manner were Israelites told to abstain from blood? They were told to abstain from eating blood. Seems pretty simply to me. Of all the things that are a 'conscience matter', how could this one not be, especially considered their absurd fraction policy?

Regardless of 'sin' or no 'sin', which I don't even believe in anyways, its a rule that has been costly. We can never have those lives back. Yet, JWs are among the first human guinea pigs for bloodless transfusions, so should we also be thanking them for advancing this practice? I love contradictions.

• cofty
    cofty

A JW reading Shelby's OP will quickly conclude that it was written by somebody who knows nothing about what the bible says about blood and conclude that "apostates" are as foolish as they were warned they were.

According to the Watchtower the only legal use of blood was in sacrifice. When Shelby asserts that because Jesus gave his life and life in blood (and spirit is in marrow WTF!) therefore Jesus gave blood it does nothing to help.

• still thinking
    still thinking

cofty...it helps people to see that when people claim to be annointed and have 'special' insight...it's nonsense...it helped me a great deal.

It also helped me to see that this belief thing is like a special little club. So when they tell you to move on...you are not invited.

They do a great job of showing how silly it all is.

• cofty
    cofty

Indeed ST.

I suspect they do more to promote unbelief than unbelievers do.

• still thinking
    still thinking

worked for me

I think it should be encouraged...lol

• AGuest
    AGuest

Same ol' same ol'... and same ol' folks. I tell ya, one can virtually set their clock by you usual suspects, almost to a (wo)man. Looks like a few of you are still missing... but it's early, yet. I've no doubt a few more of youse'll come out of the woodwork soon enough. In the meantime:

and spirit is in marrow WTF!

I didn't make it up. The life (spirit) is in the blood, and thus in the marrow... and thus, in the bones:

In vertebrates, the various cells of blood are made in the bone marrow in a process called hematopoiesis, which includes erythropoiesis, the production of red blood cells; and myelopoiesis, the production of white blood cells and platelets. During childhood, almost every human bone produces red blood cells; as adults, red blood cell production is limited to the larger bones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood

Blood cells are produced in the bone marrow, a jellylike substance inside the bones that is composed of, among other things, fat, blood, and special cells that turn into the various kinds of blood cells. In children, the marrow of most of the bones produces blood. But in adults, only the marrow of certain bones -- the spine, ribs, pelvis, and some others -- continues to make blood. Bone marrow that actively produces blood cells is called red marrow, and bone marrow that no longer produces blood cells is called yellow marrow.http://www.pbs.org/wnet/redgold/basics/bloodproduction.html

Blood is Made in the Bone Marrow - All of the cells in the blood, red blood cells, all types of white blood cells, and platelets are made in the bone marrow. This happens primarily in the flat bones in your body such as the skull, the sternum, and the pelvis. http://www.psbc.org/hematology/02_how.htm

Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.,...

Why would I lie about that??

C'mon, Elder C - surely you knew this. I mean, you taught your little piece of the "flock" this truth... didn't you? If so, then you know if it, so your... ummmm... surprise... makes no sense. If not... why not?

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I suspect they do more to promote unbelief than unbelievers do.

Not if the PMs and emails I receive are any indication. Folks just don't want to deal with you all... so they make their comments/ask their questions off the general board. You folks would actually be surprised.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

No Shelby I never taught anybody that humans have a spirit that resides in their bone marrow or that spirits get trapped in water or that christ looks like a gargoyle or that Seraphs wash the feet of the faithful or any of the other fantasies that exist only in your mind.

I never heard any of these delusions until I heard them from you and your disciples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit