Blood Transfusions - Truly a "Sin"?

by AGuest 57 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - your fanciful theory is of no value at all in helping a JW understand why the Watchtower is wrong about blood. If we want to be useful we need to stay grounded in reality. There are lots of very good threads on this board that explain clearly why blood transfusions are not against god's law.

If you tell a JW that Jesus gave his life - and life in the blood therefore Jesus gave blood, they will rightly assume you are playing silly word games.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Good points, PS. Thanks! Hope you are doing well, Have a wonderful and blessed day!

• AGuest
    AGuest

YES, dear P (peace to you, dear one!)... and the cost of LIFE as a result of their interpretation! I was SO glad... EXUBERANT... when our Lord showed me what he did (no, not going there, just now C, at least, not in detail, but I have to say I DO find it curious that you seem to feel the information is acceptable, while how I received it and what I saw when I did not so much? How can that be, though? I mean, if that's what it took... nevermind...).

Anyway, dear P, all I could think of was the folks who could be set FREE by understanding this truth! Yes, we have the scientific aspect, even the non-scientific-non-religious aspect (me and my household don't have a problem with blood transfusions). Now, though, for those who may have left the harlot... but still carry with them some of her "baggage"... or even those who are still somewhat, if not completely, "chained" to her... what a releasing!! What a LOAD off!

As Christ said, "Take MY yoke!"

Indeed, HIS yoke is kindly... and HIS load... LIGHT! He doesn't add any FURTHER burden to us!

I am truly humbled to have been given the privilege of SEEING what occurred, but it helped me KNOW that what I would share was TRUE... and did not hold out fear!

I hope that ANY who might benefit from this GOOD news do so... and as soon as possible for them. Whether it's in giving... or receiving.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty
    I have to say I DO find it curious that you seem to feel the information is acceptable,

No, what gave you that idea? I think it is fanciful nonsense for the reasons I explained above.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

This thread is almost as edifying as the first one. Blood pudding at the proper time. I am happified.

zed

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Got your PM Shelby, and you have one in return...

Have a wonderfully incredulastic evening!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    your fanciful theory is of no value at all in helping a JW understand why the Watchtower is wrong about blood.

I must disagree, C. Of course, it won't help them all (nothing will, unfortunately). But that isn't the goal. Never was.

If we want to be useful we need to stay grounded in reality.

Oh, wait... we're a "we" now, are we? I am actually flattered by that... but also a little "scared" (nahh, not really - LOLOLOL)! But thank you - I mean, I can feel the "love" and comaraderie already - LOLOLOL!

There are lots of very good threads on this board that explain clearly why blood transfusions are not against god's law.

Indeed. And I mentioned them. Unfortunately, they're not going to speak to those who believe that taking blood is going against God/Christ, though. I mean, just because YOU'VE blown these off doesn't mean everyone has... or will. Not even most. Goodness, why don't ya'll get that? You'd think atheism was invented yesterday. News flash: it's been around longer than "christianity." And how's it working against the other thus far? One's gotta do what one can in one's life time, C.

If you tell a JW that Jesus gave his life - and life in the blood therefore Jesus gave blood, they will rightly assume you are playing silly word games.

Oh, I dunno. Might depend on the situation. For instance, if they're already somewhat disillusioned with the WTBTS' false teachings... but haven't yet lost their faith. Or perhaps their situation is dire... and they're desperate... perhaps to the point of praying for some guidance, as the ' position "just doesn't 'feel' right. Or maybe they will remember what's written at Levitcus 17:11:

"For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the life."

(of course, they will have to read that in other versions beside the NWT, because the word "soul" versus "life" might throw them off)...

OR... and this is the most likely situation, perhaps my Lord himself will "open" up the truth about it to them. I mean, all I can do is plant a seed anyway. I'm not the one who can make it grow. Whether my seed takes root or nor... so what? I did what I ought to have done: shared the information he gave me to share.

what gave you that idea?

ummmm... the fact that you're here, reading and commenting on this thread? You came here looking for SOMETHING. Why bother, otherwise? And please don't try to tell me that's it because you came only to ridicule, etc.., though I don't doubt that. You came looking, as you always do... because you're either looking for something... or interested in something. It's okay, though, C. I totally understand. I would do the same had you shared something similar.

I think it is fanciful nonsense for the reasons I explained above.

Do ya'll even know what the word HONEST means?? Wait, wrong word, my apologies, truly. Per my Lord, dishonesty is really NOT the case HERE. Per him, the situation HERE... is "denial." Here in the US there are some (me among them) who consider the word "denial" an acronym. Spelled out, it means... "Doesn't Even kNowIt's ALie."

So, there's that...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

"Doesn't Even kNowIt's ALie."

Yep. I think that sums it up well.

• cofty
    cofty

Unfortunately, they're not going to speak to those who believe that taking blood is going against God/Christ, though

Yes they are. We can show an open minded JW that blood transfusions are not against god's law using the NWT alone.

As an active elder I worked it out using nothing but the NWT and the WT concordance.

That is going to be far more useful than posts about how whatshisname spoke some esoteric fantasy to you personally.

There is absolutely no need for self-aggrandising flights of fancy.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Who cares! Bring it on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit