non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

NC,

Man made the god of the bible in his own image, wihch is why the god of the bible viewed women as property, just like the men in charge during the time period in which the bible was written. Like the men of that time, their god was also racist and a sadist (e.g., the story of how god tested Abraham's faith by asking him to murder his son, and then stopping him just before he was about to do it, all for a sickening, sadistic cheap thrill).

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter no i am not saying yahweh changes my point was the old cov is different than the new. yes i agree that jesus never contridected the old test.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Deut: 22: 28-29

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deut: 22: 23-24

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

See the difference? Property issue.

Deut: 21: 10-14

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Do you REALLY think that after a woman has witnessed her parents, loved ones, friends that she is going to be in the mood after the merciful MONTH of mourning to have sex with their murderers? It’s nice though that if they get tired of her, they can throw her out. LOVELY GOD! *gag*

Zechariah 14: 1,2

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ep yes i have read the bible the way god dealt with those under the old covenent is different than the new test im going to look at the rape stuff so give me a day or so to look into that thanks

Still a no. Theft and destruction of property? Not going with that God.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Man made the god of the bible in his own image, wihch is why the god of the bible viewed women as property, just like the men in charge during the time period in which the bible was written. Like the men of that time, their god was also racist and a sadist (e.g., the story of how god tested Abraham's faith by asking him to murder his son, and then stopping him just before he was about to do it, all for a sickening, sadistic cheap thrill).

Agreed. So happy we have grown past the petty bronze-aged god.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I had chances, NC? Dammit!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If this god values virginity so much, then why did he not give men a physical marker of it?

I'll tell you the answer. We evolved, and there was no physical marker for men, but there was for women. So they worked with what they had. It's convenient, since this god they created hated women as much as they did, but if this was a god that TRULY valued virginity in both women and men, then he would have created such a marker in both.

It's a relief to know a god was not behind it. Humans can change, but gods cannot, well people rewrite that god all the time, but humans will adjust to changing times much more quickly if they let go of the dusty old books.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter really ? a marker of ejaculation. i never heard that thought before. you look at what does not exist(a marker of male purity)and say god does not exist as well . i look at what does exist and see there is a creator of what exist. the human body is so amazing not simple at all. i remember when my son was born it was the most wonderful thing not just because it was my son birth but the whole way life is and birth to me shows the hand of a creator.

• Etude
    Etude

" i really just want to get an idea if athiest worry about the afterlife i do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone. "

Why would an atheist worry about an afterlife? That's like worrying about an after-smoking-a-joint or worrying about after-going-to-sleep or worrying after a great orgasm. Being an atheist is liberating that way. You don't really give a shit about what happens because you agree with Salomon that being a live dog is better than being a dead lion. Life's uncertain. Eat your dessert first.

If God were to ask me why I stopped believing in him, I would answer: Because I was wrong:

You see God, I had no reason to believe in you in the first place. I did because I was taught to by everyone else ever since I was a child. I thought about you a lot in those years, but I never really heard from you.

There were times when I really needed you and I guess you were too busy. How could I possibly know that you were there? Then, I learned a whole lot of new stuff. And every ounce of intellect that you gave me showed me that the more I looked for you the less and less there was to find. Sorry God, but it seems you hid from me.

At a time when I really believed in you and dedicated my life to you, you allowed my world to crumble as it was battered by the greatest deception I had ever experienced. I lost my friends, my family and my way of life as I knew it. You gave me the cruelest gift of all: The loss of the very best hope and innocence and goodness I had come to expect. You made me that way.

Even so, there was always something in my feelings that wanted to talk to someone greater than anyone around. Once, I went to a very old forest in Main. I sat in the penetrating silence and had the sensation you were there. Later, I watched from a beach in California and soaked in a spectacular sunset and thought you were there with me or among the fiery clouds. Another time, I looked at a bead of water on a bright flower on one of the greyest days I'd ever seen and thought I saw your reflection. But it wasn't you. It was just something I was feeling.

Yes, I'm made wonderfully. But you never really showed me how wonderful I can be. You left me to my own to figure it all out. You left the entire world on its own to figure it out. Then I realized that you were never there to begin with.

Man this rum in my snifter is pretty damned good! Thanks mother nature.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What if god's wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit