Faith... and Trust: The Same Things?

by AGuest 452 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well, I AGREE that it's wrong, too... but that IS what you seem to be saying. Although, using your "red" analogy, you are ALSO saying just the opposite.

That's not at all what I seem to be saying.

Look, I've made the science stuff as plain as I can and you still don't grasp it at all. This is like, the 5000000th time someone has explained it to you and you aren't getting it. At all. Time to throw in the towel.

Quoting myself for emphasis.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    one of the things that I am concerned about regarding the new areopagus that AGuest and tec "set up" is the fact that that IS their place to meet with others and share their "faith(s)". acts 17:21
    I wonder what these people would do if the internet went down forever...where would these people go to gather with like-minded individuals?...they have rejected true and honest fellowship with the mainstream church. I know AGuest and co. have been building their "church" on sand, essentially. the internet is indispensable to their fellowship. Jesus built the church on peter and wind and rain has not washed it away...the fellowship IS without the internet. ephesians 2:19-22

Myelaine, it's a forum, not a church!

No doctrines, no rules of belief, not even a general consensus of belief. No teacher (I saw in another thread someone had referred to AGuest as my teacher! That is very funny!)

People are there because they like the quiet gentle atmosphere, a haven from other types of internet behaviour sometimes encountered. Also, and primarily, because the discussuions there are rathr interesting.

The members are from a variety of religious traditions and none. They don't even necessarily believe the same things, though the majority believe in and follow Jesus Christ, as in the forum's title.

Look in and see for yourself!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Indeed, why? because of our limited human ability to understand and reason things without some POR or direct experience.

Then you have no basis for making any claims about god.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I wonder what these people would do if the internet went down forever...where would these people go to gather with like-minded individuals?

The same thing people did before the internet, I presume.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Then you have no basis for making any claims about god.

Other than (some type of) direct expereince.

Beyond that we can only go by what others say and take that for whatever it may be.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Other than (some type of) direct expereince.

No, not even then if God is so incomprehensible then direct experience would STILL make it unknowable.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    No, not even then if God is so incomprehensible then direct experience would STILL make it unknowable.

I think that we can know God to a certain point via direct experience.

Not Know Him in "all His grandeur" but know enought to know He exists or perhaps even more.

I would think that a being of God' magnitude would accomodate itself to whom ever He is giving a direct expereince too.

HOWEVER, I do think that the person in question would probably have a very hard time conveying that experience to another, so the "message" form person A ( direct expereince) to person B ( no expereince) would have to be passed on with some sort of POR that A AND B may share/have in common and, IMO, that is what we find in the Bible.

An incomplete, accomodated, enironmentally-specififc, interpretation(S) of what/who God is and what God wants/thinks.

A message that can even be incorrect at times and a message in need (perhaps) of redemption.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Chariklo...

it sounds like you go there and get the same atmosphere that you find in a church...but in the case of that forum it is reverence for all things "spiritual".

dare I say that some people might even check in "religiously"...more often than they would a church because there is no accountability to those "outside" that mindwarp...if you are one to bow and scrape before AGuest...would you invite someone you respected from "outside" to check in there?...how about your boss, or a priest from your church?

I have no desire to accept the mark of the beast, which is what AGuest's forum no doubt hands out with it's *diplomacy wrapped in pseudo christian "spirituality"...

flee from her...(1 timothy 6:1-2, 20-21)

*The art or practice of conducting international relations, as in negotiating alliances, treaties, and agreements.

love michelle

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think that we can know God to a certain point via direct experience.

So God is not greater than we can conceive. You can't have it both ways.

An incomplete, accomodated, enironmentally-specififc, interpretation(S) of what/who God is and what God wants/thinks.

A message that can even be incorrect at times and a message in need (perhaps) of redemption.

So, you can't know God unless you do, and then it's likely to be icomplete and wrong.... what good is that?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As much use as a chocolate fireguard !

Just has "God" has been with the problem of evil over the last few thousand years.

Notable by his absence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit