Analysis of anti-607 BCE Rebuttals

by Ethos 529 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

AnnOMaly *** 3. Top o' th' mornin' to ya. No website (maybe one day). Try looking at the topics I started - it'll give you a picture. ***

Music to my ears...I'm originally from Dublin, been in Florida 20+ years...thanks for the feed back, I was a JW in Ireland, a lot of my local congregation, flew to NY, and protested outside Brooklyn after Ray Franz was disfellowshipped.

Shalom

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What? You were part of the May and Merriman bunch?

• Pterist
    Pterist

AnnOMaly..**** What? You were part of the May and Merriman bunch?***

John and Yvonne were very good friend of ours.

• Pterist
    Pterist

TornApart **** What did it totally for me was a video on youtube about the Egibi family records and this website:- *****

http://www.jwstudies.com/babylonian_captivity.html

Thanks TA ......great llink Shalom
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that should be made clear is that the WTS. under C T Russell and J Rutherford created doctrines with very weak speculative reasonings

or bible scholarship. This becomes more equivocally understandable being that neither of these men were well trained bible theologians,

one was a professional clothing salesman and the other was a professional lawyer.

But both became editorial executive heads (President) of a religious publishing house (WTS.) and were more engaged and endeavored in

creating doctrines to attract attention from the public toward the organization's published goods.

In essence the year 607 BCE was a commercialized exploited fraud of sorts, as too the dating of 7 X times, since there is no bible

scripture to support that this particular prophecy was concerning the return and establishment of Christ and the end of the appointed gentile times.

Some of the most important points to dismantle 607 is firstly ...

1. Nebuchadnezzar didn't take to the throne of Babylon until 605 BCE

2. this was the same year that he overthrew the powers of Jerusalem and started to take captives to Babylon, annexing Jerusalem

not destroying it ( city and Temple) which he did in 586 BCE.

• Londo111
    Londo111

What a weekend while I was gone! Nobody ever takes a break?

We’ve been talking in circles, each side claiming victory, and unfortunately, it has gotten personal at times. That being said: I’ve seen nothing from the Apologist’s side that is convincing. This is not an attack on his person. I’m happy that he is open to discussion with the “mentally diseased”.

However, there are so many mental hoops to jump through to discount Jeremiah 25:12 that pinpoint 539 as the endpoint of the 70 years of Babylon. And it is also reaching to say that the Jews returned in Tishri 537, rather than as Ezra says, Tishri 538.

It is said that Jehovah’s Witnesses read the Bible for “internal consistency”, letting scripture interpret scripture, and taking the composite picture of all Bible books. Of course, sadly, that is the hype, but it is far, far from reality. Jehovah’s Witnesses read the Bible in a way that is consistent with Traditional teachings as taught by the Society. Therefore, I cannot blame Jehovah’s Witnesses as a whole, only the Governing Body.

In regard to 607 BC, IF we truly read Bible for “internal consistency”, letting scripture interpret scripture, and taking the composite mosaic of all Bible books, then the evidence weighs against it.

To be generous, if we said that the Bible could be read in such a way for two equally competing interpretations:

(a) 609 to 539 for the 70 year period of Babylon’s Dominance and 587 to 517 for the 70 year period the Temple lay desolate (we have not even begun to discuss Zechariah and Haggia) and the 587 to 538 for the 7 * 7 Sabbath cycle for Judah

VERSUS

(b) The Society’s post-1940 interpretation of 607 to 537 for 70 years of desolation, servitude, exile, Sabbath

THEN

To case the “tie breaking” vote, we look to the secular evidence.

Of course, the secular evidence is so overwhelming for 587, and there is not one shred of evidence for 607, that it is a slam dunk. The stones are crying out with the evidence. There needn’t be a conflict between the Bible and the vast evidence for the 587 date. The Bible harmonizes completely with 587.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

John and Yvonne were very good friend of ours.

Wow. The stuff of legend

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What eventually can be seen by devoted JWS is that they are so psychologically entwined and steadfastly devoted to WTS. doctrines they have

no seemingly balance in evaluating the ethnicity of the doctrines of what the WTS. spoon feeds them.

This most likely happens by virtue of the complacent ignorance of incoming lured to people and the infusion of fear induced indoctrination into

its members, by way of imposing a life or death situation directly at these individuals.

A part of the corruption of this organization is that it has lured and coerced people toward themselves by means of deceivingly

creating false doctrines such as 1914 and all which was supposedly to happen concerning humanity soon thereafter.

The WTS. just didn't exploit people it exploited the bible and the set belief in the bible.

The doctrines where devised to attract attention from the public as to both create sales as well to cultivate power and control

over a perceived segment of the population. (Ethos)

One could perceive the WTS. as an engineering effort of human psychological manipulation and exploitation orchestrated by

a few men owning and operating a religious publishing house.

• Ethos
    Ethos

Just saw an old 538BC thread by AlanF. Jeffro shamelessly copied and pasted it word for word. Just how his interpretations happen to be word for word out of Carl Jonnson's. book.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is that the same one I copied and pasted Ethos ?

And do you have an imposing argument toward the information that was contained with in it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit