Analysis of anti-607 BCE Rebuttals

by Ethos 529 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you for the clarification Ann O'Maly. I'll fix this tonight.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Jgnat...WOW, ......great summery ! Thank You...

For us, it's an excerise in finding facts and truth on this issue. For the WBTS it's their whole foundation and survival and the reason for their judgmental attitude on those who reject their eschatology.

However, for me, it's also a call to those JWs who are so sincere to do the right thing, who may be losing faith because they see the error, and prayers they don't throw Christ out with the bath water.

Shalom

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is this better?

607 Timeline

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yes, better! However, I'm still not sure about why 'DJ' is slotted in at the 575 mark for the 'Ethos' bar. His matches the WTS bar. And everyone agrees that the temple was rebuilt some time after the 540 mark.

By the way, jgnat, I think you are one of the most insightful and wisest posters on the forum. When you post, I take notice.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOPS! I have DJ twice on Ethos' bar. I'll fix that.

Ann O'Maly, babe, I sit up and take notice of your posts, too. You are a first-rate researcher.

• jgnat
    jgnat

607 Timeline

Third try's a charm.

• never a jw
    never a jw

AnnOMaly,

You have a PM

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Emailed you back :-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that a person can conclude about the WTS. and its derived date of 607 BCE, these men were not well scholared bible theologians,

its almost like they schooled themselves on their own initiative, then gathered what they had and put it all to print, giving themselves a stamp of

truthful bible interpretation.

Its almost like a drunken lawyer came up with some of these doctrines or even a poorly educated clothing salesman.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Since Ethos is Recovery, this locked thread should give some background behind the JW apologist and his mindset:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244292/1/The-truth-about-the-Truth-Recovery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit