My country is sick

by sabastious 119 Replies latest social current

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He would have found a way to catch anyone who would have been left behind, that much I am sure of.

Only he didn't talk about it. His only plan was to have an ambulence pick you up from your apartment if you had a heart attack. He had no federal plan to help someone with heart disease, or diabetes, or high blood pressure, all chronic illnesses that could lead to that heart attack, to manage their illness and the complications. No. Wait until you are at death's door, and then we'll pick you up and give the best and most expensive care, when regular doctor visits and medication could have prevented the entire thing.

THAT is what HE said, Sab. I'm going on what he said---why should I expect more from the man? He did a good thing in Massachussets, and spent his entire campaign running from the good he did.

THEN (because you are concerned with truth) he LIED AGAIN by saying that he would keep the portion of ACA that guaranteed insurance to those with pre-existing conditions. His campaign had to come out immediately and say he lied----when the audience had already gone away and internalized his lie.

No, Sab. You have no reason to believe he was compassionate, nor that he had a plan. If he did, he should have given us a hint---well he did actually---when your chronic illnesses have already done so much damage your life is in danger---he'll give you a ride to the hospital.

The economy will continue to improve, and Bohner has indicated that Republicans are ready to stop with the treacherous Grover Norquist pledge---and if he's telling the truth, they will come together with a plan----finally.

• sabastious
    sabastious

If you stop and think about it this is the time when we hold together as a people regardless of political or religious ideology. Some may might not be behind Obama ideologically, but the fact is that the people have spoken. Now we just hope that Obama will hear the people and not just their votes. Bill Clinton did this in his second term. One thing about presidents that most people seem to forget is they have a personal story arc just like everybody else. You could tell that by the second term Clinton had gotten to know the other side a little better and was able to compromise. He chasitised them at the DNC for being more hateful than in his day, but that's only because he doesn't have to deal with them like he did back then. He's forgotten their passion it would seem and is caught up in the new and improved modern democratic party (with a majority in the country, btw, that helps). The Regan people are still around and they aren't going to just all disappear one day. They have a unique perspective on our country and it's finances that is in my opinion required for progress. The democrats are not as nice as they could be to them and are not as forgiving as they should be. Without a holding together there can be no growth.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Great post Elderelite! Here's a wristband, welcome to Sabland. You are free to leave any time you like, don't feed the carnies.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I live in a real world type environment. I dont listen to political radio much or watch political tv shows often, but i have more recently. The view of these analysts is in no way real world. It dosent match up with what the people i know, in my little part of the world, think or feel on anything. Shit aint good. The economy is way worse now than ever before. Blame whoever you want but obama hasnt fixed a thing. I know more people out of work than ever, and thats scary because the northern VA area is pretty much recession proof. He managed to screw that up. I hear the so called liberal folks on this board sometimes blame bush or whoever, but after 4 freakin years the man has to own whats here now. Results, not excuses.

But in my corner of the world, every person I know that wants to be employed is employed. Many of them have even changed jobs for better hours or more pay. I have a couple of friends that are working their full time jobs and have picked up part time jobs, not because they need the money, but because they jobs are there and they figure they may as well take advantage of it and put some money away. My brother's business is doing absolutely phenomenal, like none of us ever dreamed, and he offers high salries and full benefits to his employees.

My daughter just graduated college, and was offered her dream job with excellent pay and benefits. Her fianace is working in his field and doing very well. They are looking at houses, and have the credit and the downpayment to make it work. The foreclosure signs are gone, and the empty houses are lived in again.

It's only a corner of the world you live in. When Obama saved the auto industry, he saved Ohio. He HAS made a difference. A huge one. Even my hard to employ other brother has had several job opportunities, and has been able to keep the job he has while picking up extra temporary work when he wants to pick up extra money. Many people are living in a corner like you. Many people are living in a corner like me. The overall numbers are improving. We were nearly in a depression, and by some counts, we were, getting out will take time. Bush DID send us into that crash, and things have gotten steadily better under Obama. Mitch would have given us more Bush, and we just can't afford that.

• sabastious
    sabastious

NC, on the subject of lies, Obama said in the second debate, when challenged by Romney, that he stated what happened at Benghazi was an "act of terror" right after it happened. However, allegedly on the same day of making that statement he did an interview with 60 minutes where he told an interviewer that the identity of the attackers was unknown. This particular clip was not released until after the second debate. If it had been released prior, Romney would have won the argument. Because there is a big difference between an act of terror from random pscyhopaths and a planned attack from an enemy on an important anniversary date. The question is why would he lie?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    When Obama saved the auto industry, he saved Ohio.

If this is true, why did 49% vote against?

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

I hate the auto industry, I say let it die a swift death, or maybe even a slow one since both types have been imposed upon our civilization BY the invention of the personal vehicle (damn you Henry Ford!). Car mechanics think they are gods among men because they know magic like replacing timing belts and don't think grease is icky. Regardless, it's been high time for computer controlled hover cars for a while now.

I assume this was just a silly comment on your part sab......because it is that icky auto industry that is coming up with new innovation and design for cars that pollute less and use alternative energy.

I also noted your comment earlier about so many unhappy people after this election...lol. There are always unhappy people after an election. But obviously, they are not the majority...LOL

Most of the world is happy and relieved Obama is back in office. I HATE to think of a Morman having that much power in the world.

Well done America! I like your style.

• sir82
    sir82
    Financially our country simply isnt set up to provide health care for everyone for free.

Nowhere in the world is healthcare "free". Not sure if you're really that obtuse or if it just suits the point you are trying to make.

In every country where there is single-payer universal health care, the system is supported by some form of taxation.

At some point, even Americans will figure out it is more financially viable to pool costs and cover everyone, rather than cover 70 or 80% and let the other 20 or 30% get truly "free" (for them anyway) exorbitantly expensive emergency care (and nothing else).

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If this is true, why did 49% vote against?

One out of 8 jobs are dependent on the auto industry. That leaves 7 out of 8 that are not. People voted on many issues. Some really want Roe v Wade overturned. Ohio recently tried to put in the most restrictive abortion laws in the nation. So there is interest there. We also have a lot of white working class men, not necessarily connected to the auto industry, and they were voting Republican.

We have a lot of fundies here too, and they would vote against same-sex marriage. In fact, the haters actually changed our state constitution to prevent rights for homosexuals. There are hospitals that won't allow same sex partners be with their dying partners, cuz the law protects them. I have a friend who went through this. Gratefully, her partner lived, and she was able to get around the mandate because she was clergy---but that's not an option for many other. Hateful people will vote for hate, and Romney would have been their guy.

And are you suggesting that it is a lie that Obama saved the auto industry---and the Ohio jobs? IF it was true? It WAS true.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I assume this was just a silly comment on your part sab......because it is that icky auto industry that is coming up with new innovation and design for cars that pollute less and use alternative energy.

It was satire. I really hate cars and the people who drive them. I like it when they are BBQing and happy, not when they get behind the wheel and suddenly see themselves as indestructible super people. They are crazy and should not be trusted with a rattle or a popsicle stick, much less heavy machinary. The quicker we develop quantum hovercrafts the better.

Hateful people will vote for hate, and Romney would have been their guy.

I don't remember Romney running on hate. His slogan was "believe in America." I can't believe "You didn't build that, I am already the president" worked!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit