My country is sick

by sabastious 119 Replies latest social current

• perfect1
    perfect1

Your country is just now falling ill, huh.

Interesting, I mean, I see it as getting better, mainly since it was founded on genocide, slavery, racism, misogyny, piracy.

And now:

Native American are not systematically murdered.

Slavery was abolished.

All races can vote.

Women too.

Alcohol is legal.

Do more research.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Native American are not systematically murdered.

Slavery was abolished.

All races can vote.

Women too.

Alcohol is legal.

Do more research.

Been that way for all my life. Under all Presidents I knew since Nixon.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And Romney could've united both parties? I think not.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    I have watched both parties intently and have concluded that the democratic party is much more stubborn than the republicans.

Um correct me if I am wrong but dems (and especially Obama) Have ADOPTED republican programs and bills to get them to sign on and than the repubs WALKED AWAY from legislature they initially sponsered?!?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Um correct me if I am wrong but dems (and especially Obama) Have ADOPTED republican programs and bills to get them to sign on and than the repubs WALKED AWAY from legislature they initially sponsered?!?

Well that's too much truth for the righties to handle Darth.

By "studying politics" he apparently means swallowing every utterance of the right wing media like a baby bird swallows whatever it's mother regurgitates.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Great post sab. Obama's Presidency is just a symptom.

At what point shall we expect the approach of danger?....Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa....could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years.

At what point, then, is the approach of danger to be expected...If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

• perfect1
    perfect1

My point Skeet is that Sab could contextualize the present with a deeper sense of history.

Everyone, including witnesses, like to paint things as in decline, when in fact we have moeved to more just policies. Understanding the extremism of the past is critical to understanding todays policies and inequalities. Even when a social wrong is corrected, there are lasting effects felt in the population, especially in the areas of economics and health.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Watching Obama in the debates I noticed that he kept bringing up the notion that Romney was just a Bush surrogate. He said that his plans were the same "top down" economics that "got us in this mess in the first place." This is a curious concept for me because when I look on the back of a federal note in my pocket I see a pyramid with an eye at the top of it (it's also blocking out the sun which is weird, but that's a digression). This serves as perfect imagery for how a currency-based system works, from the top down. You need your fat cats at the top to eat their grapes, have their whores and use their delicious economic minds to create wealth that the lower classes can establish working wages off of. Isn't this how it has worked since the ancient times? The Egibi family for instance in Babylon were weath creators as far back as 600 BCE.

Discovered sometime late 19th to early 20th century, the very large ("enormous") number of archaeological artifacts, in fact the largest extant of Neo-Babylonia from Babylon, pertain to the firm beginning during th time of Ashur-ahu-iddina (680-669 BC) The Egibi archive are tablets documenting five generations of life of the family written by the members beginning 602 (ending 486 BC) who in the earlier generations derived their wealth by agricultural activity rather than in participation in temple based employment. The Nur-Sin (577-480 BC), are documented in the Egibi archive.

Within this world depicted on the back of my currency bills you are supposed to encourage top-down economnics because that's how money works. Obama has an entirely different approach in mind. Are we going to have his picture on currency one day? Maybe he'll take away the pyramid. What would that world look like? Definitely a new world, but is it one that everyone wants to partake in?

The role of government is to make sure rules are established and enforced. Generally they are not supposed to take hold of whole industries such as auto and medical or insurance. They should have regulatory groups ensure the market is sustainable for the long term and that criminals are brought to justice. The best way to accomplish this is to enforce a moral rule set to the monetary structures that provide the livelihoods of the country, but these have to be agreed upon by the people. The government is supposed to by and for the people. There are many problems with this model for society, but none that are impossible to develop sound strategy against. It's important to keep an open mind and never allow one ideology to reign supreme. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, this has always been the case and President Obama should keep this close in mind the next four years.

As an American I must stand behind him as my president, but I am ever watchful of his actions as everybody should be. If there is anything Romney and the ailing Republican party accomplished it was to raise awareness of the dire consequences that could face this country in the very near future. Despite what the Watchtower taught us all, now IS the time to keep on the watch!

-Sab

• James Brown
    James Brown

I agree with what new chapter says.

Plus Romney made a bad choice with Paul Ryan. Another bullshxter.

Romney and Ryan couldn't even win their own states Mass, and Wisconsin.

Why would the rest of the country want those 2 clowns?

• James Brown
    James Brown

When the stock market goes down, that makes a buying opportunity.

The markets pretty much were Clinton left it back in the 90's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit