No angelic protection for 20+ Jehovah's Witnesses on way to Convention. All dead.....

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

AMAZING that the 2013 Yearbook CONTINUES to imply JWs are "protected" when they attend meetings with the experience about the plane crash.

• Listener
    Listener

I couldn't find any reports about this on the JWs official site.

• designs
    designs

Angels seem incapable of stopping much of anything.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wasn't the "we avoided a plane crash because we were at a meeting" story from the SAME country, too? (I'll answer my own question: yes.) Not that it matters, just that it makes their YB story even more bitterly ironic.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Why is it so hard for JWs to understand that this family was not spared because they were at the meeting...but because of they were not where the plane crashed. There is a FB thread on this Yearbook experience and as soon as one commented that the survival (or death) of faithful witnesses is only coincidental and resulting from unforseen occurences, the poster was called out as an apostate...

• mP
    mP

One must realise what angel actually means. It means messenger, it does not mean guardian or protector. In most angelic appearances they only convey messengers from the king. In fact it could be argued tnat in many passages they are mere mortals who come from the king. THis is evident particularly early in the Bible in places like where Lot has to offer his daughters to protect the angels. Jehovah is just a divine king figure as well. Genesis describes him was walking in the guardian and shows he is not omniprresent when is not aware of Cain killing Abel. This figure was used by elites to convince the peasents to obey them using the obviously frauduelent divine right of kings.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Let's hope JW families don't become needless Ebola Victims while attending the African International Conventions this month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit