No angelic protection for 20+ Jehovah's Witnesses on way to Convention. All dead.....

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

From Nigerian Newspaper via Google alert a few minutes ago;

"

Entire Family, 20 Others Die in Fatal Accident

accidentTragedy struck weekend in Akwa Ibom State as a man, his wife and all their children, as well as more than 20 others, all members of the Jehovah’s Witness Church, perished in a fatal road accident which occurred, Friday, along the Utu Etim Ekpo road in Etim Ekpo Local Government Area of the state.

Forty other members of the church sustained varying degrees of injuries following in the crash which occurred on their way to the Jehovah’s Witness annual convention ground in Ikot Ekpene Local Government area of the state.

THISDAY’s gathered that more than 70 members of the church had hired a lorry to convey them from Ukanafun Local Government Area to Ikot Ekpene for the annual district convention which began on Friday and billed to end today (Sunday) but the journey ended half way with many members of the church dying on the road in the accident.

Eyewitnesses alleged that the driver of the lorry conveying the church members to the venue of the convention lost control of the vehicle when he got to Utu Etim Ekpo, the junction opposite the local government secretariat, and hit the stone used to construct the roundabout, thus resulting in the lorry somersaulting, leaving many of its passengers and others wounded.

The corpses and those injured in the accident were said to have been taken to neighbouring hospitals and mortuaries.
    One of the eyewitnesses, Mr. Friday John, said the people who died may have been more than what was seen because a whole family including parents and their children were all trapped in the accident.

“We were all here discussing when suddenly the lorry appeared and was looking like the driver had lost control of it. Then the lorry drove straight and hit the stone and somersaulted into the gutter.

“Many people died, more than 18. In fact, we couldn’t count the number because there were many corpses, including husband, wife and children and they were all taken to the mortuary in various hospitals near Etim Ekpo here,” John explained.

In another narration, a Secondary School teacher in Eka Uruk Eshiet Etim Ekpo, Mr. Ndipmo Nkanta, said the lorry boarded by the deceased and the injured passengers was not meant for passengers but goods only.

He blamed the accident on poverty , arguing that if there was a better alternative, such casualties wouldn’t have been recorded, especially as they were going to worship God.

The Public Relations Officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, in the state, Mr. Godsgift Uwen, blamed the incident on over-speeding and overloading by the driver of the lorry.

He said the lorry was not supposed to carry any passenger as it was a meant for goods only but the driver stubbornly used it as a passenger’s vehicle, which led to the sad incident.

He advised against rush and drunken driving, especially in the yuletide, noting that these are some of the major causes of accidents on the roads.

Culled from ThisDay"

Very sad story that debunks "Angelic & Holy Spirit Protection" traveling to "Theocratic functions".

Perhaps if the forty + JWs had spent money on a safe mode of travel rather than donations for the US Governing Bodies new "Lake-side Country Compound" they might still be alive........ We all know the social pressure EVERYONE felt to get on this unsafe bus chartered by the congregation.

Hopefully some survivors can sue the Congregation, and does 1-20 (Branch and US Governing Body) to help defray medical costs if the unsafe charter was organized by the Congregation.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Meanwhile, people who declined to travell needlessly to the convention are safe and sound.

S

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That is a tragic story. What they did was risky, and perhaps they thought that because they were doing it for the right reasons, they would somehow be protected. I've seen this quite a bit to a lesser degree.

Mothers that allow their babies to be held instead of put in child seats---because we were going out in service and needed the room! I had to put my foot down and refuse to drive, or even ride, with a mother that would do this. They tried to convince me to do that once, for the sake of room in a cargroup, and I calmly and firmly stated that if there was not room for me and my daughter, I didn't have to go out in service that day. Room miraculously appeared.

Or a sister that had this huge van that liked to go out in early morning service. Since there were only a few of us, and she drove a monstrosity, we would use her van. The problem was the second back seat was not bolted to the floor! Everytime she stopped, it would tip forward, sometimes with quite a bit of force. I absolutely refused to sit in that seat (I wear seatbelts, and have been in a couple very nasty accidents where they protected me). She would get all snide with me and say, "Well if the seat is such a big problem, then we can't take my van!" To which I said, "I'm good with that. I can drive too."

Another time a large group of us went bike riding. I was a pretty serious bicyclist, so I had racks and was aware of saftey and the capability my small car had to transport bikes. If something is not right, then it can be dangerous, to other people, to the car, and to the bike. They decided I should take one sister home, and an elder strapped her bike inappropriately to my rack. NO! So I went and tried to fix it, but found that unless we had another attachment, her bike would not be secure, and therefore, a danger. So I said it would not be possible for me to transport her bike. The elder tried to bully me into taking it anyway and told me there would not be a problem. But I understood the situation much better than he did, and so I simply said, "It's my car." He didn't say another word and pulled the bike off.

But there was a real attitude after that, since others had to go 5 minutes out of their way to keep everyone safe, because I was not obedient to an elder that didn't give a f**k about the risk he asked me to take.

I also know of a young man that died out in service because he was not wearing a seatbelt.

We had a CO tell us about the Asian Tsunami, and he said that the local JW's had gone inland to go out in service before it hit. That protected them. The only JW's that died were a couple that were on the beach for vacation. He said that should be a lesson for us.

I wonder what the lesson would be over the young man who died out in service?

They seriously take more risks when they think they have some kind of divine protection. That vehicle was not set up to safely carry passengers. Another faith fatality.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

That is so very sad. No doubt they couldn't afford safer transportation and they would have been burdened with guilt for not going to the assembly. I agree that if they didn't have to support the Wt. funding that they may have been able to get appropriate transportation. Wonder how this story will be spun. Leslie

• Giordano
    Giordano

I wonder how many more will die by rejecting blood.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter its funny how subjection to supiorer authority goes out the window when its for a jw to benifit themselves

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Sorry- just saw the older thread- I only get alerts for " Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Watchtower Bible and Tract" spelled out on google. This subject of Assembly costs and the money Watchtower milks from JWs attending them chaps my hide. The POOR suffer greatly. The opposite of Jesus. HE TRAVELED to the people and SERVED FREE food to the crowds. Jesus didn't force people to stay at "Approved" lodging in nearby villages (with 10% kickbacks to him)or plan sermons only at Villages that paid him $$ 85,000 to bring the crowds nearby. Jesus didn't set up portable money changer tables at the rear when he gave his sermons.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

Balaamsass: I've seen that mentioned a few times in regards to kickbacks from convention stuff. Any links or reading I can do on this?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

what a sad story. There are a number round my parts from Nigeria. Poor innocent people. May they rest in peace

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit