No angelic protection for 20+ Jehovah's Witnesses on way to Convention. All dead.....

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

You can't really put this on God. In any religion there are losses of life because God cannot and will not violate peoples' free agency. Yes, he can and probably does protect some people if he has a work or some sort of plan for them; but sometimes he just lets these things happen. In other religions, people say, "Well, God needed them on the other side," but hey, how many of those 20 had spirits? Most, if not all of them, are already in Paradise from their point of view. At least that's what we're told. And if they're right, heck, I'm sure there will be a meeting nearby that they can go to.

If the leaders of the JWs say that God protects people en route to meetings, they put themselves in danger of something like this happening.

• glenster
    glenster

I focus on the deceptions of the JWs leaders in acting exclusive, notably if
    anyone is hurt or killed. But I don't see anything to pin on them here. I
    consider the JWs followers victims, and in this case of a tragedy. But doing
    things the poor person's way is common in Nigeria where 63% live on below $1
    a day.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_Nigeria

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I thought it was dangerous in Nigeria for any type of Christian to travel in packs. How many church bombings took place in 2010-2012? I feel bad and I will pray for these poor people, nobody like's to see this kind of carnage, how heart-wrenching!

NC, how often I heard stories of people who stayed at home "meeting night" only to die from a ??????????? Earthquake, burglars, the classic little-Jonny who was playing in the street and a car ran over him" If his parants had been to meeting that night, little Jonny would still be with us today! I hated those stories and this story from Balaam throw's their "scared-straight meeting night bed-time stories" into the dumpster, showing "time and crap happen's". Very sad story, my sympathy to these poor people.

"We had a CO tell us about the Asian Tsunami, and he said that the local JW's had gone inland to go out in service before it hit. That protected them. The only JW's that died were a couple that were on the beach for vacation. He said that should be a lesson for us.

I wonder what the lesson would be over the young man who died out in service?

They seriously take more risks when they think they have some kind of divine protection. That vehicle was not set up to safely carry passengers. Another faith fatality."

• LV101
    LV101

Sad, indeed --- the poor victims who fall for the watchtower and put forth so much effort following it's agenda.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In South Africa the same kind of thing has happend. I have seen our poor and mostly black "brothers&Sisters) travel in mass on unsafe buses. At convention times hundreds of these buses ferrying masses of JW's from the poorer rural communities would roll in.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The real heart of the problem has to do with culture.

Countries like Nigeria, people are accustomed to cramming dozens of people onto unsafe vehicles. Its just the norm. 5 people on a scooter, 20 natives hanging onto the sides of a windowless 4x4, 100 people sitting on the roof of already stuffed to bursting trains and yeah, 70 people riding in the back of a 'lorry'. Weve all seen the pictures on google at times i am sure.

we here laugh at the idiocy of it but to them there is only 'get on' or 'walk'.

some of these countries are kept poor by their dictators and corrupt governments who do nothing to help their citizens get around. To me, things like this are not an idictment against the religion, but against the country's leaders.

sadly, when things go wrong, instead of one or two people getting killed, its more like the carnage from a plane crash.

Oz

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Also many in those countries might not be able to afford gasoline costs as well. Hence travelling in bulk.

Bangalore

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Aussie Oz - so spot on. Not JW related - we have "taxis" These are vans that probably could hold 21 people safely. There have been so many accidents involving these "taxis" and the death toll in one of these accidents is usually 100% because the drivers do not hold to the 21 people rule, they jam the "taxis" so full that they will at times remove the steering wheel and use a wrench so they can push their chair right up close and get more bodies in. Here the "taxis" are a huge money making thing but so many of them are extremely unsafe.

hmmm - I can't paste a link here??? ah well.

• maisha
    maisha

on the way to an assembly

maybe was like this,,,, poverty as an excuse does not avert blood guilt.

• maisha
    maisha

I took a cab other day, i got in but could not get out, windows didnt work, he had to go around the side door and open with screwdriver, stil it was cheap!,,,$3,,, lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit