No angelic protection for 20+ Jehovah's Witnesses on way to Convention. All dead.....

by Balaamsass 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why is it that they claim "time and unforseen occurrence" when someone gets killed while doing something for Jehovah? Where is his protection?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    What they did was risky, and perhaps they thought that because they were doing it for the right reasons, they would somehow be protected. I've seen this quite a bit to a lesser degree.

I remember a sister in my old cong that was attacked by a vicious dog out in service, and suffered a severe bite. She assumed that since she was out in the ministry that she would somehow be protetected. It's sad how careless and misguided people can be when they believe they are under God's protection.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

shame on these irresponsible stupid parents making poor innocent children having to travel in death traps to a crappy DC.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w10 4/15 p. 8 par. 5 Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose ***

Jehovah used his spirit to protect individuals in the line of descent leading up to the Seed. To Abram (Abraham), Jehovah said: “I am a shield for you.” (Gen. 15:1)

*** w08 9/15 p. 9 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

What About Physical Protection?

8 As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed. We take the position expressed by the three faithful Hebrews who refused to bow down to King Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold. Those God-fearing young men did not presume that Jehovah would miraculously protect them from physical harm. (Read Daniel 3:17, 18.) As matters turned out, Jehovah did deliver them from the flames of the fiery furnace. (Dan. 3:21-27) Even in Bible times, however, miraculous deliverance was the exception rather than the rule. Many faithful servants of Jehovah died at the hands of opposers.—Heb. 11:35-37.

9 What about today? As “the Provider of escape,” Jehovah certainly can deliver individuals from perilous situations. Can we definitively say whether Jehovah did or did not intervene in specific cases? No. Still, an individual who has escaped a dangerous situation may feel that Jehovah intervened. It would be presumptuous for others to take issue with his feeling. At the same time, we must realistically acknowledge that many faithful Christians have died as a result of persecution, as was the case during the Nazi era. Others have died under tragic circumstances. (Eccl. 9:11) We might ask, ‘Did Jehovah fail to be “the Provider of escape” for faithful ones whose lives were cut short?’ That could hardly be the case.

*** w08 9/15 p. 10 par. 14 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

To highlight such spiritual protection, recall the parents mentioned at the outset of the preceding article. A few days after their daughter, Theresa, was reported missing, they received devastating news: She had been murdered. The father recalls: “I had prayed for Jehovah to protect her. When she was found murdered, I must admit that I initially wondered why my prayers were not answered. Of course, I know that Jehovah does not guarantee miraculous protection for his people individually. I continued to pray for understanding. I have been comforted in the knowledge that Jehovah protects his people spiritually—that is, he provides what we need in order to safeguard our relationship with him. That type of protection is most important, for it can affect our eternal future. In that sense, Jehovah did protect Theresa; she was serving him faithfully at the time of her death. I have found peace in knowing that her future life prospects are in his loving hands.”

*** w01 8/15 p. 21 par. 8 Have Faith Like That of Abraham! ***

Today, Jehovah does not guarantee us protection from the ravages of death, crime, famine, or natural disaster. We are promised that Jehovah will always make available protection from things that can endanger our spirituality. (Psalm 91:1-4) He does so primarily by providing us timely warnings through his Word and “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45) What about the threat of death from persecution? While individuals may be allowed to die, God will never allow the extermination of his people as a whole. (Psalm 116:15)

*** w75 6/15 p. 377 par. 10 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***

Should we expect, moreover, that because Jehovah is on our side he will miraculously intervene to protect each one of us personally from death or injury during the “great tribulation”? Both Psalm 91:7-12 and Proverbs 3:25, 26 have been mistakenly cited by some as supporting this view. The psalm says: “A thousand will fall at your very side and ten thousand at your right hand; to you it will not come near.” Lest we read into this text more than it states, we must ask ourselves if Moses is here talking about the coming “great tribulation” and is declaring a blanket protection for individual servants of God then. This would hardly be so when we remember that centuries later Paul showed that up to his time the devoted followers of Jehovah had undergone mockings, scourgings, prisons, tribulations and many other persecutions, even violent death. However, we can be assured that,asagroup, Jehovah will protect them from being exterminated by their enemies during the “great tribulation,” and He, himself, will not touch them during his executing of adverse judgments.—Heb. 11:36-38.

*** w75 6/15 pp. 377-378 par. 11 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***

expect divine protection from all physical harm? He said: “You will not need to be afraid of any sudden dreadful thing, nor of the storm upon the wicked ones, because it is coming. For Jehovah himself will prove to be, in effect, your confidence, and he will certainly keep your foot against capture.” Does that not seem to be evidence that Jehovah God will not permit his loyal followers to be kidnapped or arrested during the “great tribulation”? We must not forget that Solomon wrote what he did, not with us of today in mind, but more pertinently for the benefit of those living under his kingdom. (Prov. 1:1-4; 3:25, 26) Viewing his words in that way, we appreciate that he was giving the Israelites advice that would help them to live upright lives and benefit them in daily living. In this way they would be kept from “capture.” What kind of capture? Well, for instance, from the enticements of a prostitute who walks the streets in search of a victim. (Prov. 5:3-14) We can see that his words are excellent counsel for us too. But they are not an assurance that we will not be arrested, anymore than faithful Jeremiah was immune from arrest in Jerusalem’s “time of the end.” (Jer. 37:15, 21) Nor can we expect that during the “great tribulation” some may not have to lose their lives for loyally upholding their Christian integrity, even as the apostle James lost his life. (Acts 12:1, 2) Nevertheless, we do have divine protection. How?

*** w75 6/15 p. 378 pars. 12-13 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***We have evidence that God is protecting us now as a class. For instance, if such were not the case, we would have been wiped from the face of the earth long ago by Satan. Still, individually, some may die of old age and sickness during the “great tribulation” or, like our brothers in Malawi, from persecutions. Can we, in the face of such possibilities, still look to the future with confidence? Most assuredly! Jesus declared that the dead will hear his voice and will come forth in a resurrection. (John 5:25-29) This, then, nullifies, cancels, the effects of death. No, the Bible does not promise that Satan will let up on his testing of each one of us during the coming “tribulation,” but are we not comforted to know that Jehovah God will not forget us if we fall into death because of our faithful service to him then?

13 The protection of us, as a group, will continue right on through the destruction of Babylon the Great and the war at Har–Magedon into the New Order. What a cause for confidence in Jehovah God as a fulfiller of his promises it will be when Babylon lies powerless, her ability to control world affairs reduced to nothing! No wonder God’s servants are told to exult at her overthrow, the cry going forth: “Be glad over her, O heaven, also you holy ones and you apostles and you prophets, because God has judicially exacted punishment for you from her!” (Rev. 18:20) So these can be confident that they will receive protection during God’s execution of the wicked and that they will be ushered into his new order of righteousness.—Matt. 25:46.

• Whiteorchid
    Whiteorchid

All I see here are bunch of insensitive people blaming an accident on poverty and all. Where in the world is there no poverty and mishap. Yes we agree for some reasons that brothers traveling should be safe

But hey, poverty also is the signs of the last days.

If you are a witness in ths forum and you don't have the love of brotherhood, then you must be an apostate. Be guided.

People use every opportunity available to them to talk down on witnesses and you as a Christian brother or sister is aiding it?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, well, well...

Welcome to the board, White Orchid.

I have a question...

You said:

"If you are a witness in ths forum and you don't have the love of brotherhood, then you must be an apostate. Be guided."

So, I'm assuming that, since you're on this board, that you are NOT a Jehovah's Witness??? Or are you also an "apostate" - like Charles Taze Russell?

• maisha
    maisha

NO the accident is not being blamed on poverty,

it is blamed on people that are doing illegal things within the JW community becaue they are taught that anything goes for the sake of jehovah and his organisation.

using a truck to ferry passangers which is ilegal, maybe speeding, only GOD knows and the ones that didnt make it..

you will hear a CO or other will as normal in the gossip smear give the speal of how they were doing wrong and it COST THEM...

thats the cold reality, that society love.

As for poverty, yep it is a sign just look at the WTBS, looks like they broke!...

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Maisha said...

And I would add, the poverty of many Jehovah's Witnesses is worsened by the anti-higher education stance of the Watchtower Society, as well as their frequent admonishments to put "kingdom" interests over getting a better job, putting in overtime, or accepting promotions at work.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    hey, poverty also is the signs of the last days.

Poverty has been around since people..

Your last days are thousands of years old..

If you are a witness in ths forum and you don't have the love of brotherhood, then you must be an apostate.

If your a witness on this forum,your going against the wishs of the WBT$..

You must be one of those Special JW`s who doesn`t need to listen to the WBT$..But..

Everyone else should..We get lots of those..

"Take my Advice..I`m not Using It!"

............................. ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Take my Advice..I`m not Using It!" OUTLAW, above

Ha ha!! I'll have to remember that one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit