Are EXJW's predominantly atheist?

by sabastious 120 Replies latest jw friends

• atrapado
    atrapado

I think is human nature to try to simplify things and generalized. There are very few absolutes and we tend to forget or ignore that fact. Besides who likes to be wrong.

Looking back at my personal experience while I was a JW I contemplated the possibility of being wrong. What if the Bible is not the word of God or there is no God? At times I told myself I should investigate the claims that the Bible was inspired by God starting with when it was written and if the so called prophecis where accurate. Even as a JW you are aware the people claim the Bible was written after the fact and it made me wonder what if they are right.

When I was in the Univertisy I met some people that expose me to the multitude of gospels and the Bible contradictions. Some of the reasonings from the WT ease my cognitive dissonance but some didn't. The only thing I had to couple was to tell my self the Bible doesn't give all the answers so if I want to know them I need to stay faithful and in the new order I can as Jesus this questions. Besides the faithful slave knows better I should trusth them.

Why didn't I research on my on to see if the claims about the Bible where correct or not? First I was afraid for 3 reasons. One what if Satan mislead me he is smarter than me. Two what if I find out that what I believe is wrong. I was not ready to give that up. Three just lazy takes a lot of time to reasearch these things.

Once I found out that the slave is not inspired by God I beging looking at the things I though I should have looked but didn't. Try to proove the prophecies in the Bible. I could not. I was vry sad when even the 70 weeks of Daniel cannot be verified, you'll find tons of different interpretations but none can be pin point with accuracy they are based on assumptions not facts.

I wanted to believe I prayed and still hope there is a created that gives a damn about his creation. However being honest so far I have found 0 proof of something supernatural. I know that I could be wrong and there might be a God but I cannot claim either way and the more I learn that more I check the more I am convience that my stand will not change.

Now let me ask if the WT fool people and many other organizations do the same. Mind control is all over the place since the moment we are born we are expose to mind control. There is a great probability that religion and god where created to control the masses and to enslave them.

So if I am an agnostic is not because of hate or disillusioned just simple don't see the evidence of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit