Are EXJW's predominantly atheist?

by sabastious 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sabastious - "That's dark, very, very dark."

"Dark"? Maybe, but I can think of other, darker examples...

Common among authoritarian high control groups? Definately.

Signs of a nefarious conspiracy? Highly doubtful; what the WTS says or does may matter a fair bit to the XJW community, but they're barely a blip on the rest of the planet's radar.

They're small potatoes, Sab; they always have been.

And just in case you were thinking of responding with something along the lines of "that's just what they want you to think!", frankly, I have a hard time believing they give a rat's ass what anybody thinks. Everything they've done supports the conclusion that the GB are full-on True Believers (TM) , and people like that really don't care what other people think.

We're just future bird food as far as they're concerned, not existential enemies (with Jaracz's views possibly being the exception that proves the rule, IMO).

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But this is not even close to accurate when describing how most atheists reason. I can understand how you are drawing the connection, but it's a false one. People who are terrified of spiders don't conclude that spiders don't exist. If anything, they are hyper-aware of their existence. We are not afraid of religion or god, because we don't believe that gods exist.

I never drew the comparison you are assuming. I said that saying if the Watchtower doesn't have the truth than no one does is a bad reason to become an atheist. I know you agree with me, we just seem to be disconnecting. Saying that if they don't have the truth maybe no one does is a more truthful statement.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I said that saying if the Watchtower doesn't have the truth than no one does is a bad reason to become an atheist. I know you agree with me, we just seem to be disconnecting. Saying that if they don't have the truth maybe no one does is a more truthful statement.

I've never heard an atheist express this opinon though. Perhaps you could point out who has said such a thing, and even I will tell them they haven't investigated deeply enough.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

PMed you back, NewChap.

BTW, I'll repeat this, since maybe you missed it earlier:

Is your user avatar a pic of the real you? If so, very nice...If not, well, you can keep the virtual rose, anyway.
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I've heard it several times from other friends that I have that have left. Almost all of them at one point or another have said, "I always felt that if the Watchtower didn't have the truth, no one did". It makes sense. The WT instills a hatred for all other beliefs. That doesn't go away just because you leave the Watchtower.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "Dark"? Maybe, but I can think of other, darker examples...

Lying to tens of millions of people for decades and decades is the darkest you can get. All acts of atrocity are fueled by lies to self and others. Sociopaths are identified by their incredible willingness to lie. The overwhelming vast majority of humans have moral boundries that prohibit the kind of lying that the Watchtower has been involved in. They would make Nazi's blush. They don't even show the common human respect with their humble slaves in their bethel offices. They just cast them into the world they hate so much. If you knew the outside was filled with thorns would you throw you brothers and sisters out there to rot? These people poisoned their own land with waste. They have no natural affection, it's simply remarkable. They are foundationally dark. No one truly knows what they have done, and every time we get a window into their activity the hairs on the backs of our necks rise up and we turn white with fear. No one wants to open the Watchtower's closet, lets take a look inside the Vatican, but not the Watchtower's closet, not that, anything but that. We know what's in there is not pretty. It's darker than you and I know or care to, Vid.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've never heard an atheist express this opinon though. Perhaps you could point out who has said such a thing, and even I will tell them they haven't investigated deeply enough.

Do you think of yourself as an expert on atheists?

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

* sigh *

Fine, Sab, whatever you say.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

PMed you back, NewChap.

BTW, I'll repeat this, since maybe you missed it earlier:

Is your user avatar a pic of the real you? If so, very nice...If not, well, you can keep the virtual rose, anyway.
    LOL---It's me. I sent my DA letter in last week, so I went ahead and posted it. HOWEVER, it is my dry run for my Halloween costume, so I am a bit dolled up. When you get to the other board, I've posted a lot of the pics.
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    Fine, Sab, whatever you say.

They are a secret society. I don't mean to be overbearing, just most people don't appreciate the gravity of this situation we have here. Does anybody know what the Governing Body actually does? Other than deal with billions of dollars collected from mind control slaves while claiming to be the mouthpeice of the Lord of the Universe?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit