Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Mocking and joking is fine. But this was supposed to be a serious accounting of who still believes and who doesn't. It wasn't supposed to descend into an argument about IF God exists or not. But merely to see who stopped believing after they left the WT and who did not...CA

I think this is clear enough...believers...please stop defending your god on this thread.

Maybe the question for the survey could have been...Who here still believes in a god? Then it would be clearer that many still believe in a god and not just the one the survey conductor believes in. Believing in a god is itself a very broad question. Did you only want to know who believes in the christian god?

Some believers might believe in multiple gods...ie hinduism type belief. You limited the survey by suggesing there is only one in your thread title. Discounting all other beliefs as non viable because their was either God (whoever that is) or atheism.

Sorry, didn't realize how serious this thread was...did you just want one word answers? If so, very few have done that because things are not always black and white and maybe you should have clairifed at the very beginning that this was very serious and you only want one word anwers.

But just as Healtworker commented on page one about someones answer...

Think he will put you in the agonstic group S

And this comment above about EE comments by chariklo....

Your beliefs are clear ElderE, and I have you firmly down as clearly agnostic.

They do not clairfy exactly where you stand on belief or non belief and can be interpreted any way you like....like they did.

If it was a serious survey as you suggest. It should have been conducted seriously...you know, with proper survey guidlines about what was expected. Otherwise its not a serious survey, It's just an attempt to see who agrees with you.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Once again, back to posting Guidelines number 10 and basic courtesy and respect for the thread's creator.

Probably Christ Alone is the person best placed to say what is relevant and what is not, don't you think?

Oh, and, still thinking, I assure you that ElderE understands my words very well, and takes them in the spirit in which they are meant. Don't worry yourself about that.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Easy. Atheist.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well I am trying to clarify exactly what is expected in the serious survey chariklo...because you seem to also be making and stating conclusions about where people stand on their responses. So I would like to clairify the guidelines of this survey. I don't think it is fair asking people to contribute to a survey and have their answers misinterpreted by others.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Oh, and, still thinking, I assure you that ElderE understands my words very well, and takes them in the spirit in which they are meant. Don't worry yourself about that. ..chariklo

Maybe so chariklo...but if this is a serious survey...maybe YOU should respect that.

• still thinking
    still thinking

And here's the issue, when the discussion of thor, the FSM, fairies and unicorns, etc come up, it usually to mock and not to have a serious conversation. I understand the philosophical points that sometimes come up with the use of these arguments, but usually they are brought up, not to talk about philosophically, but to mock.

Please refer to:

So next time a non atheist has an issue with their particular belief being compared to fairies. I shall point them towards chariklos thread, post number #2124

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/240418/19/Why-are-atheists-so-intent-on-scorning-believers

My previous comment about fairies was serious.

• vangogh
    vangogh

Believer

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*waves Hi! to ST* seriously

" I fully understand the normal meaning here and with you. "

So glad you were finally able to grasp the meaning of the word and you don't know squat about me, seriously.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    There is not only one explanation for this. So it is false to assume the cause based on the effect. (cause and effect fallacy) . . . tec
    He is not hidden. He provides evidence. Else no one would believe in Him at all, because there would be no reason for something like that. . . . tec

Point out one logical fallacy and counter with an even bigger one of your own.

Too funny.

• tec
    tec

All right. I gotta give you that one ;)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit