Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

In the words of the famous/infamous Outlaw

Agnostic..Don`t Know..

and don't really care LOL

actually on the verge of going athiest

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Thanks for your answers! I am sure CA appreciates that! I can say that I and many others do aswell!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Atheist. Totally discount god/creator/first cause..... but not sure about existence of spirit beings/lifeforms in this universe which are beyond our comprehension.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Healthworker - you have a PM.

• tec
    tec

You can say whatever you want to say about what has never been detected. We all can, but it is not an argument.

It was not meant to be an argument. Just an example of something existing long before we had the tools to detect it. An example asked for.

Your god could though - heal an amputee before my very eyes and I will believe.
    We have to conclude he is impotent or non-existent. All your multiple convoluted excuses are just handwaving.

No, we do not have to conclude this. Your answer is black and white, and ignores other reasons that DO exist. There is not only one explanation for this. So it is false to assume the cause based on the effect. (cause and effect fallacy)

How would a world without god look any different for the world we live in now which is devoid of god's presence

But this world is not devoid of God's presence. Just because you do not feel or see or hear him, does not mean that someone else does not. He is not hidden. He provides evidence. Else no one would believe in Him at all, because there would be no reason for something like that.

Peace,

tammy

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

put another check on....believer

• tec
    tec

Oh, lol... I'm pretty sure CA knows where I stand.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

If it was serious it would have listed ALL the gods we had to choose from.

This wasn't an issue of what god do you believe in. It was do you believe in a creator or not. I understood the flaws, but there is a main flaw in the understanding. Again, some are not separating belief in a creator with religion, the bible, or other diety's.

And here's the issue, when the discussion of thor, the FSM, fairies and unicorns, etc come up, it usually to mock and not to have a serious conversation. I understand the philosophical points that sometimes come up with the use of these arguments, but usually they are brought up, not to talk about philosophically, but to mock.

Mocking and joking is fine. But this was supposed to be a serious accounting of who still believes and who doesn't. It wasn't supposed to descend into an argument about IF God exists or not. But merely to see who stopped believing after they left the WT and who did not.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Serious? Surely you jest. Why serious if this is a harmless accounting of everyone's belief or non belief? Serious to me would mean this info is going to be used for something. Serious means we all should have more information as to why the question is being asked before we ever make a move to answer.

this ain't serious.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I find it deadly serious that you discount my belief in Thor. There is far more evidance and more reason to believe in the Thunderer than the desert god (aka god of the bible whos dubbie designation i refuse to utter). I agree this shouldnt devolve into a tired argument over god or no, but dont discount my beliefs. They are as valid as anyone else's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit