Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

And for the record, i was of course joking about Thor winning. He wasnt actually running for anything that i was aware of so that was a bit of levity i admitt. The Thunderer dosent actually care if you vote for him or believe in him because.... Hes a freakin God. He dosent need you or me or anyone else to be a god. He just is. But he does like hanging with bad ass dudes who know how to handle their buissness and women dont take crap from anyone. Its just how he rolls...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

this ain't serious .

Don't understand psychological, sociological, or religious curiosity? This wasn't to "prove" God or not. This was to see how many actually stop believing in God and who do not, for purely educational value. But lots of people like to mock, derail, hijack, and change the subject. That's what makes a serious discussion about who continues belief and who doesn't impossible on sites like this. There were a handful of serious answers, the thread went off topic, the mocking began, and the thread was completely derailed. There are always going to be those that feel free to mock the serious inquiry and derail these types of threads. No one was asking to "prove" their god. This was a social inquiry of who stopped believing in God and who did not. Not every inquiry has to have a specific purpose as if it would be published in a study. That doesn't make it a less serious or honest question. It was a question that many have asked and it was to satisfy the curiosity of those that wonder how many stop believing in god and how many don't.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

my anecdotal evidence from being in harlem during the hurricane tells me thor doesnt exist.

then again, people in haiti on up to staten island and into new jersey probably thinks he's an ahole.

or at least worshipable.

hard to know who is right

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

put me down as an agnostic

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am not sure. I have to think and study on it some more. I believed in GOD and the Bible before I got on this site and started reading certain books and listening to Dawkins. Now I don't know.

PHG

• Twitch
    Twitch

The voice in my head tells me there is no "being" called god

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Considering that this a somewhat open message board "serious" is purely subjective. You can try to be serious all you want, that don't mean the rest of us have to be.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I agree this shouldnt devolve into a tired argument over god or no, but dont discount my beliefs. They are as valid as anyone else's.

Your beliefs are clear ElderE, and I have you firmly down as clearly agnostic.

Considering that this a somewhat open message board "serious" is purely subjective. You can try to be serious all you want, that don't mean the rest of us have to be.

Although it could be seen as derailing a thread, MrsJ, since the creator of each thread merits respect for his/her intentions and courtesy in the way they are observed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I am being respectful and also voicing an opinion. The OP can do with it what they want. Thanks for the sideway reprimand handslap. It is noted.

Have you figured out what "snarky" means yet? You seemed to be having a hard time with that yesterday.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I fully understand the normal meaning here and with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit