How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Someone with an opinion different from one's own is not lying, unless they are deliberately, with full knowledge, telling an untruth.

Agreed. Sabby knows the truth, but is saying something different. That's what makes it a lie.

Overuse of accusations of lying is a bit off, don't you think?

You know, I really don't like the phrase "don't you think". It's an implicit suggestion that I should agree with you.

No, if the person continues to repeat a lie, calling out that lie is never a bit off. Unless someone support people getting away with lies, don't you think?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

His agenda is as thick as Kim Kardashian's makeup on her wedding day.

You assume I have an agenda? How cute. Mistaken, but cute.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think you've got a screw lose Sab. !

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent's argument. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy, more precisely an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.

-Sab

• Reality vs Delusion
    Reality vs Delusion

If I didnt follow my own rules, kept some of the rules secret, or changed the rules when they didnt serve my reasoning, does that invalidate all my thinking?

Why dont you sing hyms?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sorry if I used a phrase you don't like. Where are you? It's a normal manner of speech here, no harm meant.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why dont you sing hyms?

Our conversation ended a while ago.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent's argument.

Whoa there, cupcake, he didn't say you DO have a screw loose, just that he thinks you do. I thought you loved hearing opinions?

Sorry if I used a phrase you don't like. Where are you? It's a normal manner of speech here, no harm meant.

No worries, I just don't care for that phrase. And I am at home.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Char EP knows I don't like being accused of deception, that's why he's doing it. He cannot be ignored so he likes to play in the sandbox.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Char EP knows I don't like being accused of deception, that's why he's doing it. He cannot be ignored so he likes to play in the sandbox.

I would imagine you don't like it. I suggest you stop lying if you don't like being called out for it.

With regard to your second sentence, it didn't make sense.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Whoa there, cupcake, he didn't say you DO have a screw loose, just that he thinks you do. I thought you loved hearing opinions?

If he presents what he thinks in a debate then it's an argument. Therefore he made the argument that I have a "screw loose" or in other words there is something wrong with me that can only be described in metaphor. He's telling me to go to the doctor which is an AD HOMINEM.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit