How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And I'm not afraid of people who are mentally ill, I have much empathy for these unfortunate folks, including yourself.

Some fears are subconscious, like the one you have about mentally ill people. You know a lot of mentally ill people create cults and murder people right? You are saying there is NO WAY you could have turned it into a stereotype? I find that hard to believe especially in regards to how you have treated me. You are either a narcissist or you have a fear of the mentally ill and I don't think you are a narcissist. You also have a problem taking advice from young people.

-Sab

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

In this country it is illegal and actionable to taunt someone who is mentally unwell.

Also, some of the greatest names in history had a mental illness. Churchill, for instance, suffered from depression.

Shame on anyone who brings such a subject up as an accusation, or invades another person's privacy in that way.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Still waiting to be stripped bare and left in a ditch, Sabby.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Still waiting to be stripped bare and left in a ditch, Sabby.

I love you too much to do that, remember when I said that in the same paragraph?

-Sab

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

Yes, but that belief must conform to the known laws of physics that we have discovered. Which means that entity cannot simply be an "anything goes" entity (magic), It too must conform to laws of some kind There is no reason to believe that this entity could not establish permanent laws for itself.

would you like to explain how anything we've ever created or tried has worked?

I believe that the Big Bang caused the existence we currently reside within. But that doesn't mean that God micromanaged every tiny little detail, that's why religions speak about spirit creatures as God's helpers. Regardless all of these cycles could be in phases which are called "creative days" in the Bible an "revolutions of heaven" in the I CHING. The first step would be separating the creative process into studyable pieces. This is basically done by sciences like cosmology and physics but these sciences are not giving any credit to the Torah and the I CHING (not to mention things like Astrology) that they deserve. They are just saying, " thanks for all the fish ."

we should give credit to a book that is provably false for...you know i can't think of one thing in it that's factual.

the creation of adam?

the great flood?

nephilim?

we have no artifacts from the exodus.

no proof of the plagues from an independent source, something that we should have considering how important egypt was at the time

a woman turning to salt and a whole host of other ludicrous tales.

astrology? you know astrology is proven to be nothing more than a coin flip right? that's the very math your creator constructed.

The scientific method was not created by science, it was refined into the model it is today by scientists. First you have Shaman's and medicine men who are not given the proper credit because they still know and can perform feats that science cannot explain. Many scientists claim that these feats are frauds, but they are not taking into account all known factors because Science has not yet discovered all known factors. These unknown factors could already be interfacing with religionists and spiritualists without detection by Science. This is likely because there is a flaw in the peer review process called lying. A lie is not always hastily exposed and sometimes it's NEVER exposed. The scientists call this "life" which is not a sufficient explanation since they cannot even define life without leaning on philosophy and logic. When they can use ONLY facts to support conclusions things will be much different. In the meantime the "primitive religionists" in South America, Africa, the Middle East and everwhere else cannot be discounted as ignorant zealots. Ignorant zealots exist, but it should never be a default position because no one can explain how they do some of the things they do. Also, zealots keep secrets from westerners by having secret rituals. If scientists had free reign with those rituals they could explain more. However distrust has been built up because so many rationalists use ridicule and hate to drive their points home, which just makes people pull out their swords and fight to the death. Will they ever learn? I don't know, are the willing to die for Science? I don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk

now how did that logic work out?

i believe what you are doing is called, "an argument from ignorance"

as for the peer review process, someone said, and i thought this was really good way to put it:

"you are confusing science with business"

when the data comes out and everyone can examine it and test it for themselves, the truth comes out. that's why we know of evolution, that's why we know how things work. things have to conform to the realities of the universe otherwise they wouldn't exist. that is the essence of the fallacious arguments about flippered grasshoppers and furry snakes and other such ludicrous ideas.

if the natural laws could be suspended for whatever reason, your laptop would not work. neither would any of your devices as you'd have no electricity. heck, we couldn't even manufacture anything as those physical processes are based on mechanical laws. you couldn't walk, you couldn't talk, you couldn't think (chemistry) and you couldn't even pray.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

you said you were warning me. if you have no intention to execute on that warning, you were just talking.

Pants. On. Fire.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    you said you were warning me. if you have no intention to execute on that warning, you were just talking.

I determine the criteria when I execute the warning. Only I know the day and the hour. I am out for a bit. Have a great day!

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Pants on fire!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sab - what would it mean to you to be wrong and do you know what would invalidate your theories?

The strength of your argument rests upon knowing what would disprove it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some fears are subconscious, like the one you have about mentally ill people. Sab. Not at all and since you keep on repeating this, It kind of exposes a bit of your own personal integrity, doesn't it ? I just thought it would be informative. Remember you brought this up yourself on a couple of your threads and postings. I'm not making up frivolous accusations. OK I recant bringing it up ...... my bad ...... carry on !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit