How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I would say that Higgs-like particles are things. So elementary particles is where you start.

So only an object made of particles is a thing?

But even when you clean the slate, you end with the Monotheistic entity again

Unproved assertion. The slate has never been wiped clean.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The burden of proof has been satisfied

Only to you and only because it's your unfounded assertion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would say that Higgs-like particles are things

Oh here we go again

If that one nuclear physicist didn't call it the god particle, would creationists be jumping on it

as a means of viable support ?

No matter how or but what means its being identified, this does not support a supernatural creator.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sab, you certainly know how to start a ruckus

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Only to you and only because it's your unfounded assertion.

It's not unfounded because I don't fall through the earth and I don't gravitate towards black holes. My planet might because my gallaxy might, but I don't. Laws exist and they just so happen to be there for my protection. I have a brain for a reason.

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Finkel, and the odd thing is it isn't even called the god particle. It was really called the goddamn particle but they decided to make it more family friendly for publishing reasons.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

For some reason you believe that an evil God is not intelligent.

Ok, so you believe in an evil god now? What good does its intelligence do to us, then? It is of no benefit to us, our end is the same...

I don't deny that I am motivated by religious fervor, you do.

Here's a thought. Let's stay away from the ad-hominems, as I have from the beginning. Where did you find in my responses 'religious fervor'?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If that one nuclear physicist didn't call it the god particle, would creationists be jumping on it

I am pretty sure that's a lie perpetuated by powerful people, but that's just a conspiracy theory. There is money to be made in the destruction of the idea of God. Follow the money, but if you can't just assume it's about money. Works every time!

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Sab - Higgs particles are of no relevance to this discussion at all. You are not a physicist stop pretending otherwise.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ok, so you believe in an evil god now? What good does its intelligence do to us, then? It is of no benefit to us, our end is the same...

If this "Dr Who" entity actually exists we might first conclude that He is evil. We shouldn't merely stop at this and call it a day. If God IS evil and we have superior morals then we should be waging war with God. However during that war we might understand that first off: it's not possible to destroy God and second: that God is actually good and works in our ultimate interests. This type of thinking can sometimes put atheists into cognitive dissonance because they have filled their minds with anti-God propaganda and also preach it creating the possibility for shame. Now they have to machette through those if they ever come across actual evidence pointing to a God of Righteousness.

Here's a thought. Let's stay away from the ad-hominems, as I have from the beginning. Where did you find in my responses 'religious fervor'?

It was not an ad hominem.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit