How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's not a mistake to make a claim and provide what one feels to be sufficient evidence for belief. It's also not a mistake to use logic to determine that the evidence is insufficient. It's also not a mistake to disagree with the logic that there is insufficient evience ALSO using logic.

You should try any one of the items in bold. It might help you.

You are only appealing to the logic you presented in accordance with the evidence provided (which I have not provided ALL evidence I have).

Then you are breaking your claim of needing to provide sufficient evidence to make a claim. Mysterious, unpresented evidence for a wild claim? Why am I not surprised at you for thinking that would work?

No logic or evidence has been presented that disproves my claim

Ooops, another lie. I presented you with Einsteins own words that disproves your claim. Pants on fire.

You are just using argument in accordance with facts, not facts alone, and I'm not even sure you are completely aware of this.

Yes, I used facts to build my arguments. You are not sure of a great many things, it seems.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    what's all that gotta do with proving god despite the total lack of evidence, despite him creating a universe that is governed by laws that stand in direct contradiction to this lack of presence or evidence of his existence?

Well, it's essentially the same debate. You see, I make a claim like "God was present before and during the Big Bang" and rationalists will say that they have evidence that proves me wrong, when they actually have logic in accordance with evidence, not raw evidence because we were not there, no one was. When I make a claim "Einstein was a secret deist" rationalists will use his quotes to disprove my claim. But what they are doing is interpreting the quotes using logic and once again they don't have all the facts so they have to lean on facts in accordance with logic and philosophy in order to come to a firm understanding of the validity of unconfirmed theories. However, they do say that upon the discovery of cold hard facts they will change their conclusions. So, if we find a lost video of Einstein claiming to secretly believe in God, then it will go down in the history books. Otherwise history says that Einstein was an agnostic. I am not saying that the history books should be changed.

That being said, does history tell us that there was no intelligence present before and during the big bang? Can history be wrong? Yes, it can and often is.

-Sab

• perfect1
    perfect1

Sabastious:

you look down on educated people and yet here use words like heuristic.

Perhaps you could let go of your insecurity, stop playing silly philosopher, and TAKE A PHILOSOPHY COURSE.

just to see what all those educated people talk about and what the big words really mean.

Based on your commitment to and lordship over this thread, you care, but you lack the rigor for actual discourse.

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP, you are engaging in wild ad hominems again. Please stop derailing my thread with baseless accusations of deception.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    you look down on educated people and yet here use words like heuristic.

I don't look down on them, I distrust them. I actually admit inferiority to superiorly educated people but only in the fields they study, not as a human being. I think I can enjoy nature just as much or more than Cofty.

dis·trust /dis'tr?st/
    Noun:
    The feeling that someone or something cannot be relied on.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    just to see what all those educated people talk about and what the big words really mean.

See this is what I am talking about. You actually look down on me and I distrust you for it because it's unwarranted.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP, you are engaging in wild ad hominems again. Please stop derailing my thread with baseless accusations of deception.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

A lie is the deliberate and knowing utterance of an untruth.

Someone with an opinion different from one's own is not lying, unless they are deliberately, with full knowledge, telling an untruth.

Overuse of accusations of lying is a bit off, don't you think?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Overuse of accusations of lying is a bit off, don't you think?

His agenda is as thick as Kim Kardashian's makeup on her wedding day.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't look down on them, I distrust them.

You distrust highly educated modern people today but you trust people who lived 3000 years ago and everything they said !

I think you've got a screw lose Sab. !

oops .... didn't mean to bring that up again

Perhaps it might be an appropriate time to reveal this once again to new forum members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit