Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?

by Chariklo 553 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik
    you are not included among the predictable posters.

You put my name exclusively in your "predictable posters" sandwich above . . . it's a fair conclusion given the context. Perhaps you should just name them . . . clear up the confusion.

• ammo
    ammo

Why Sizemilk was that scornful, REALLY? a year ago you were lamenting on how people left you out and this place had clicks/cliques? (put that down to bugger all education) anyway if you take offence to what I have written you might need to have a look at what some of your mate's so innocently post, no stirring the pot there mate hey, they are just EXPRESSING their views.

Well me too.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sizemik, I just sent you a PM.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just for the record, Im not trying to say we shouldnt debate. i also said i am happy to have the discussions and feel we all benefit when our beliefs are challanged. It can be hard not to be personal when emotions are involved but we benefit from discussing ideas, we lose put when we attack each other personally (i am certainly guilty of it as much as anyone).

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Absolutely, ElderE!

To clarify, for the record, the reason my post included Sizemik's name was because I was answering his point. I can't seem to copy and paste chunks of text on this iPad, and I wanted him to see that I was answering him. I most certainly was NOT accusing Sizemik of anything, very far from it

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Why Sizemilk was that scornful, REALLY?

I never said that.

a year ago you were lamenting on how people left you out and this place had clicks/cliques?

Point?

(put that down to bugger all education)

If you like.

if you take offence to what I have written

I don't . . . nor did I say that.

look at what some of your mate's so innocently post

What mates? . . . I have no idea what this means.

they are just EXPRESSING their views. Well me too.

Good for you . . . please continue.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Size, you have a pm.

• ammo
    ammo

Oh no another cut and paste....

Forget take offence thats one thing some here do readily,some here are trying to show an issue that keeps recurring, others just want to dig/prod and remain blind to their own motive's which is to shit stir, sorry thats how I see it, anyway when you say-' do you include your friend ammo in all this,' the only reason I had my say on this thread is because it happens so often, there is scorn, you of course will take the opposite view, because there seems to be a certain delight atheists have in ridiculing people that still have some faith, I can't stand bullie's, its transperant when on screen or in my face in day to day life, Don't play dumb. Most of the time I stay away from this shit, because it will get us no where, unless both sides are willing to work through it reasonably. One word REASONABLE... is it that hard.

say what you want weasel and grind away all you that just love to tear down and create an air so thick with disrespect/loathing and denial only those used to breathing that in can stand to reside in it.

You have a pm Char, I'm outta here, bigger fish than this to catch today.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Reasonable is a two way street. Reasonable doesn't start threads that carry a barely concealed universal prejudice. Reasonable changes in the face of contrary and sustained information and does not stonewall nor does it whinge. Reasonable is rooted in reason not in superstition.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Qcmbr, if you read my few posts above, you'll see that I've explained why I started the thread, from personal experience and observation, and absolutely not from any prejudice whatsoever.

Not only do I count many atheists, pagans and humanists among my best friends in the "real" world, but I don't care in the slightest what anyone believes. Why would I?

Religious tolerance is part of the foundation of civilised society. It's Jehovah's Witnesses, who make a fuss about atheism. Not me.

I understand your dislike of superstition and your belief in the superiority of the rational. That is a reasonable standpoint to take, though not the only reasonable one.

Plaguing people who have a religious belief just because one doesn't have one, oneself, is not reasonable behaviour, and that is what this thread is about and why it was created.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit