RE: What did God accomplish with the flood?

by bioflex 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Noah was not sinless

Of course so why would god kill all of mankind when all the past sins and wickedness would eventually return. ?

Does that make logical sense ?

By the way there many stories from the ancient world, where there said to be half gods and half men (demi Gods) Pharaohs and Kings

and half beasts and half men as well, even after the time of the flood, research ancient theology from the many diverse civilizations.

Your not afraid to expand your knowledge and intellect are you Bioflex ?

• jam
    jam

Ok, Sodom and Gomorrah, another big non accomplishment.

What was going on, trial and error. God should have been

more clear. The rainbow is to insure that I will not drown

the masses, but I can burn down your cities and

all the inhabitants because of a few sinful souls. Make a lot

of sense.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Freewill, my friend, something all of God's intelligent creations have, though there are consequencies for every action we take.

Nope.

If there are consequences of making a choice, esp as a result of Divine intervention, then it's not "free will" choice.

That's a rookie mistake, saying God created man with "free will". Nope.

Instead, God gave man with "freedom to choose (and face the consequences of that choice)", but that's NOT "free will". Read articles carefully, and you'll see the WTBTS makes the same distinction.

Definition of free will:

1. voluntary choice or decision <I do this of my own free will>

2. freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention

• Finkelstein
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, after karmgeddon, jehovah will turn the sky permanently rainbow colored light, like a psychedelic yellow submarine candy land as a sign that he will never bring another karmageddon. Maybe, he could just keep some lsd or dmt in all the waters on the planet. Afterall, bob marley said the common belief is that god is gonna come and take away everything and make eveybody feel high.

S

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Bioflex said:

all the inhabitants?, like with Noah and his family? come on, Noah was clean so why would God wipe him too.

Don't be foolish. Why didn't God send angels of death to wipe out ALL the Nepihlem and corupted humans/animals (as needed), vs all of mankind? The flood didn't accomplish much, if evil in hearts of men AND nephilim were back AFTER the Flood (the mighty men of renown).

And what loop-hole are you talking about? haha, you are kidding if you think that was the last of what happened. Its going to happen again per prophecy in the scriptures. When the time comes just remember the bible said it first.

Uh, the loophole in God's "perfect" creation that allowed fallen angels to assume mortal form?

The nephilim is a non-starter, since Genesis says they were present before and IN DAYS AFTER the flood.

Your argument is not with ME but the Bible: IT says God's goal in the flood, and he failed to accomplish the goal. Consider the Flood as a Proto-Armageddon: let's hope the dry (or wet) run-though was just a practice session, and it goes better next time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Bible tells us that Noah was a man "perfect in his generations". If that was true, then -- using the same logic as for Adamic sinful inheritance -- all of Noah's offspring (including you and I) would be perfect as well! But how did Noah become perfect when he was descended from imperfect Adam? That blows away the theory of Adamic sinful inheritance. So, either way we have no inherited sin! No need for a ransom sacrifice in that case, or Kingdom Halls!

This was my point on another thread, the most logically reason in a theological sense to dismantle this supposed event, let alone the

physical biological reasons to disprove this could not have actually happened.

What would be the practical reason to kill off the entire human race if the inherited sin from Adam was still with Noah and his family

and that mankind would just simply return to its pre-flood state ?

It was as pointed out by KS, this story was originally and intensional told as an embellished story told to cultivate power and relevance to the

Hebraic god YAHWEH, also as a probable reason to circumvent their own power and relevance in their position as recognized spiritual seers.

This kind of thematic expression, that if you obey and do good things or works in conjunction with recognized spiritual seer who are

representing a certain god or who do not do good things, these gods will take vengeful action against those ones , can be seen many

times throughout human history as well as many different ancient civilizations.

Call it ancient sociological behavior 101

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Finkelstein:

Of course so why would god kill all of mankind when all the past sins and wickedness would eventually return. ?

Does that make logical sense ?

unless maybe you were expecting some minority style intervention then yes, it was necessary. Just how do you judge someone before an act they ever commited? does that make logical sense?

the fact that i know it is going to rain today does not mean it has already rained, humans are dynamic, they can have a change of heart/mind at the very last minute. That is why we are given the chance to act before we are condemend.

By the way there many stories from the ancient world, where there said to be half gods and half men (demi Gods) Pharaohs and Kings

and half beasts and half men as well, even after the time of the flood, research ancient theology from the many diverse civilizations.

Your not afraid to expand your knowledge and intellect are you Bioflex ?

like i said before, most of these stories were just knock offs from the bible, the bible teaches that angels were created in many different forms, some with human forms and others with beast-like forms, which accounts for such forms as the half man- half beast.

@King Solomon

Nope.

If there are consequences of making a choice, esp as a result of Divine intervention, then it's not "free will" choice.

That's a rookie mistake, saying God created man with "free will". Nope.

well i am afraid you are wrong there. You are just concerned with the conscequencies that come with making bad choices, and totally forgetting that making good choices has its perks too.

If you choose to do something and end up not liking the results does not mean you wernt free to choose, as long as you were able to choose out of your own accord enphasizes ur free will.

Lets say there are two roads, one of thorns and the other is smooth, and you choose to use the road filled with thorns and get pricked by said thorn, would you say you didnt really have a choice? because you were pricked by the thorns?

Definition of free will:

1. voluntary choice or decision <I do this of my own free will>

2. freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention

so if you voluntarily chose to kill a man out of your own free will, could do say you need not be punished? i guess not. The fact that you chose to kill the man shows the free will you have got, not the consequencies that follow.

• jam
    jam

Sumerian Goddess Inanna: About 1000 years before

the bible, she was in the grave for 3days and nights

and resurrected. Dionysis, 400 years before the Bible.

He died so others can live, his wine was considered

to be his blood, offered as sacramen. I think you have

it twisted, it seems that the Bible is a knock off of

mythological story.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Why did God allow the angels to procreate with female humans (I wonder why no angels were gay, given they are the ones that are supposed to induce that sort of inappropriate behavior, according to Christians)?

Aren't the hybrid populations what screwed up the earth? How would women have fought off predatory angels? LOL, I invented a new term, predatory angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb4AZpsHrkc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit